This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > Traffic 360
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

South African Airports

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NMG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: South African Airports
    Posted: 14 Mar 2016 at 7:49am
I am the developer for the South African airport for FSX, FSX-SE, Prepar3D and X-Plane 10.

I am wondering if you will change the airport ICAO codes your AI traffic flies to as you are still using the old codes that no longer exist.

FADN (Durban International) no longer exist. It was closed on the 1st of May 2010 and replaced with FALE (King Shaka Intl).

FAJS (Johannesburg) has had an Airport ID change to FAOR in January 2013.

If you are worried about these airport no being part of the default airports, then I have a solution for you. I have two files that will fix that and you are welcome to use them as you like. These files will update the above two default airports with the new ICAO codes.

I get a lot of questions from South African clients of yours using the new airport only to find that the airports appear with no traffic at all. If you are unwilling to change the Airport ICAO codes then at least post a warning on your website that the traffic in your package uses the default airports only. That will mean that any new packages the client buys will not be compatible with your product and that will include the new Doha Airport that was recently opened.

Kind Regards,

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic