This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Simming a Real World Company

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FalconAF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Simming a Real World Company
    Posted: 17 Sep 2008 at 12:00pm
Need a little help trying to sort this one out.  Reviewed most of the forum posts, but still can't get it to work.

I'm trying to use Cargo Pilot to allow me to simulate the FedEx cargo company (strictly for offline use on my own computer).  My initial goal was to establish the FedEx feeder system between KLAS (McCarran International, Las Vegas, NV) and the two feeder airports used there...KSGU (St. George, Utah) and KCDC (Cedar City, Utah).  Real world FedEX feeder flights use the C208 between these two airports and KLAS, so this is what I've tried:

1.  Initially created a fictional FedEx company starting at a grass strip near Las Vegas with a C208.  Flew various flights and acquired enough money after one week to open up a new hub at KLAS.  Sold the original grass strip airport. 

2.  Began looking for flights from/to KLAS from/to KSGU and KCDC, but I never got any listed.  They are relatively short flights, so I tried lowering the range of the C208 in the aircraft section of Cargo Pilot.  Still no flights listed.  So I tried opening up hubs at both KSGU and KCDC.  STILL no flights show up between these airports and KLAS.  I'm stumped.  Seems that with these 3 airports as hubs, I should be getting flight assignments between them.

3.  Eventually I would like to have all the FedEx feeder routes for the various FedEx major hubs established in Cargo Pilot.  I can find them (with route maps) by doing a GOOGLE search using "FedEx Feeder", and it lists all the feeder companies that lease the C208's from FedEx and fly their feeder routes.  After that, I would like to get the major hub routes, like KMEM to Anchorage, etc.

I realize the way Cargo Pilot issues available flights will result in a lot of routes I don't want, and can just ignore.  But is there a way to get the routes I DO want shown with flight assignments for them?  After items 1 and 2 above, I never get any routes for KLAS hub between KSGU and KCDC.   I've sorted the routes by ICAO code to make sure, but it still won't give me any flights between these airports. 

Any help greatly appreciated.

FalconAF    
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic