This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > General Discussion
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Horizon GenX VFR Photoscenery + Revolution X issue
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Horizon GenX VFR Photoscenery + Revolution X issue

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FlappyDog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Horizon GenX VFR Photoscenery + Revolution X issue
    Posted: 23 Jan 2016 at 2:12pm
Hi folks

I just wanted to pass on an issue and solution to an installation problem I had with Horizon GenerationX VFR Photoscenery (V2.0) and Revolution X just in case anyone else hits the same issue. As an aside, has anyone had any luck with JustFlight support recently? I submitted two tickets over the last week and haven't had so much as a confirmation. Maybe all on hols?

Anyway this was a fresh install of FSX (DVD) and SP1+SP2, followed by all 3 regions of Horizon VFR Generation X Photoscenery. I decided to get Revolution X from JustFlight to add to the mix but despite the installer claiming a successful install (the "Add" buttons came up and worked), I could find not Autogen scenery anywhere in-game. After a bit of digging it turns out the installer was getting horribly confused as to where it should put the *.agn files. This can be discovered by grabbing the RXCopy*.bat file from the RevolutionX directory while it's installing.

Firstly, it put all Texture folders under the 1.2m Photo resolution section instead of 2.4 Photo resolution where they should be. Secondly, it muddled up the areas for each volume. So what it put in Area 1 should be in Area 2, Area 2 should have been in Area 3, and it put Area 1's Texture folder in a seemingly random place (often in a completely different volume, once in FSX's Add-on directory). If anyone else hits this issue the best way to figure it out install one volume at a time and grab the RXCopy*.bat file as mentioned above and move the Texture folder to the correct place. I had to keep jumping into FSX to test I'd dropped it in the right place, but it doesn't take too long to fix.
alanfr View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alanfr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2018 at 12:46pm
Hi,

I am having same problem. Revolution x puts stuff in add on folder and area 1 and area 2 1.2m photo. Are you saying there is a .bat file somewhere that you can amend? I have looked but cannot find. Where is it? Does it only appear when Revolution x is unpacking/copying files? If so where (I looked again as it was doing this). If this is the case do you modify the .bat file as it unpacks? seems unlikely?

I can find a scenery.cfg file but that is all. And I do not understand how it is used. It seems to have correct folder names but most say active=true, required=false. Only Default Terrain, Default Scenery, Global Generic & Vehicle, Propeller Objects have TRUE, TRUE. I wonder if the 2.4m photo folders should also say TRUE,TRUE. But changing this makes no difference as to where things go.

I have reinstalled fsx to sp2. Installed Horizon VFR Generation 2 (v2 - never got update to v3.... if you can help there as well....) and then Revolution x; I also have FSX SDK to sp2 but I think that is not used?

Any help appreciated! Would love to get it all working. I did try simply moving folders around after but not sure that is right? I did get some buildings/trees by doing so but they seemed to be wrong sizes/wrong places (more like the standard FSX stuff). And Revolution x then showed 'add' against the volume.

Many thanks in advance.
FSX with flyinside on oculus rift
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic