This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > Flying Club
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

FSX SP2 Patch

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FLighT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: FSX SP2 Patch
    Posted: 12 Sep 2008 at 2:03am
I just finished downloading the SP2 patch and will be reinstalling FC-X this weekend. I noticed in my Just Flight folder on my computer that I had two previous patches that I applied to FC-X prior to SP2 / Accel. One was FCX_WarriorUpdate.exe  &  SchweizerFlightModelUpdate.exe. 

Are these included in the current update patch or should they be applied before installing the new patch?

SimUK View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SimUK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2008 at 2:13am
If you are an existing owner of any of these aircraft or of the Just Flight Flying Club and Flying Club X boxed products, you can get a free update to the latest spec from our Support section. Full details of how to update any of the download aircraft are here and for the boxed versions of Flying Club or Flying Club X everything you need to know is on this page.
reider View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2008 at 2:15am
Downloading now, was going bed but must check this out, ..  Thanks all......

Reider
Auger View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Auger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2008 at 2:31am
Woohoo!  I just downloaded and installed it.  I'll let you know how it flies in a bit. 

There is a minor error in the aircraft.cfg file.  It has the max gross weight at 3368 lbs. in the GENERAL section, but it should be 1679 as written in the WEIGHT_AND_BALANCE section.

EDIT: Never mind.  I reinstalled the whole thing due to some weirdness with the 152 and it shows the proper value.
reider View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2008 at 3:05am
Is their a problem with the Seneca?  The left engine on mine is rotating ok, but the right one only just turns and stutters.  Individual use of both of the throttles only serves to rotate the left engine, not the right.  I`ll have another look later as its early doors here, could be something and nothing at this moment.

Reider
Rich View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2008 at 9:15am
Hi All,

Please remember to uninstall the Flying Club software according to the instructions on the support page, otherwise you could be getting old files left behind.

Reider,

Are you upgrading the Flying Club DVD, the Flying Club X DVD or the downloadable version?

Thanks
reider View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2008 at 11:45am
Its the Flying Club X DVD version, I`m going to have another look at it now.

Reider
Rich View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2008 at 11:52am
Thanks,

If it isn't working could I ask you to send me an email please

reider View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2008 at 12:53pm
Its sorted.  I`m going to post what I did and why in case anyone else has a similar problem now or in the future.  I saw the information regarding uninstalling/reinstalling but this machine is as clean as a new one, its just been OC`d and has new memory/Mobo/CPU/HD drive.  Flying Club X was installed only recently, but as the Warrior, Seneca and Tomahawk appear to have no UK only option the aircraft.cfg was manipulated for this only.  The update was applied therefore over the top and only the right engine wouldn`t work on the Seneca.  I just checked them all again and the same result.

REMEDY:

I uninstalled the package and deleted the remnant folders, but only after copying the present aircraft.cfg files to a backup folder for the three aircraft mentioned above.  I reinstalled the package and checked each aircraft was aok.  I installed the new patch and checked again, all aok.  I then replaced only the portion of each aircraft.cfg that covered the UK section of the three mentioned aircraft.  I checked once again and all was well.  Problem sorted.

Reider
djjenner View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djjenner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2008 at 1:52pm
Thanks for the update, I can go back to using the aircraft now.
The update has corrected the tooltips issue.
Dave J
aafuss View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aafuss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2008 at 2:27am
Thanks for putting all previous updates in the FSX SP2 patch . Saved me a lot of trouble and got to fly my Flying Club planes quickly.
A.A.'s PC
AMD Sempron 3200+
1GB RAM
ECS GeForce 8600GT 512MB
Vista Home Premium SP1
Flight Simulator X
Flight Simulator 2004
Logitech Force 3D Pro
Saitek Pro Flight Throttle Quadrant
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic