This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Chat > Just Chat - General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Rant Post

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cutchie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The Rant Post
    Posted: 10 Apr 2008 at 7:24pm
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!
I'm sure a few of you here do GCSEs and will understand HOW BLOODY ANNOYING COURSEWORK IS, ESPECIALLY IN SUBJECTS I HATE LIKE DT AND MEDIA STUDIES!

Phew- that feels better! Dead

Feel free to rant about your own stuff, i just needed to let of some steamWink
Practice makes better- nothing's perfect.
MartinW View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartinW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2008 at 7:29pm
My daughter's doing quite nicely thankyou. .
VulcanB2 View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VulcanB2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2008 at 12:39am
D&T is great! Cool

Best regards,
Vulcan.
mavestar View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mavestar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2008 at 9:30am

AAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Thumbs%20Up Im ok now. Thanks.
Kelvin_C-J View Drop Down
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kelvin_C-J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2008 at 9:38am
ha, well if you didn't like DT why take it!?
Best Regards,
Kelvin Chilvers-Jones

wisemanp View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wisemanp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2008 at 12:10pm
I've finished all my coursework!

And haven't started revision yet! I'm taking a laid back approachErmm
Regards, Phil

You'll Never Walk Alone
icudan View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Suspended

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote icudan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2008 at 12:39pm
I DON'T WANT TO GO TO WORK TODAY!!!! Angry

That's better Smile

The part of my GCSE's that i liked was my History coursework, The great war was just too easy. Big%20smile

Phil, i took a very laid back approach to my revision only revising on stuff i know i needed to look at again, did fine. Wink
dmr100 View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dmr100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2008 at 5:02pm

HOMEWORK!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ARRRRRRRGH!!!!!! Not at bad as GCSEs though Tongue

reider View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2008 at 6:16pm
Cold callers arghhhhhhhhhh!  Fetch my gun!  Just stop ringing me goddammit!:

If you`re a British company and use foreign workers who do not reside here, I have no interest in your products.  If you ring me at home without my asking you to do so I have no interest in your products!  I am ex directory, I have registered not to be contacted, if you`re a company who does not check or take any notice of the register I do not want to purchase your products!  If you ring when Emmerdale, Coronation Street or The Bill is on you take your life in your own hands, I will hunt you down!

Door knockers:

Their are two signs on my door, you cannot read???  Go away, stop coming here up to 8pm at night.  Charities, I get £56 a week I cannot afford to give you a fixed sum of £2 a month, I will decide what I give and when, not you!  I do not need accident protection or any other rubbish!  Hiding the posh car around the corner and rubbing your hands with glee as you approach the estate does nothing for me!  I did not ask you to call and will avoid your company like the plague.  If you knock when Emmerdale, Coronation Street or The Bill is on you take your life in your own hands, I will let the dog out!

Pizza pushers and the postman:

If the gate is closed when you get here at least have the decency to make sure its closed when you leave!!!  If you could rip up the pizza adverts before you get here that would save time.  Likewise the bills posty!

Reider

ConcordeGuy View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConcordeGuy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2008 at 8:50pm
All these GCSE's, revision and coursework to do, my mind is in a state of total meltdown!!! I get no free time!

*cocks weapon*
MartinW View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartinW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2008 at 9:07pm

Register with the telephone preference service and they won't, or at least very rarely. Once you are registered if you do occasionally get a call, they have to take you off their database if you Tell them to.

The mere mention of the TPS makes them comply instantly.

Dambuster View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dambuster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2008 at 9:43pm
While I'm not doing the GCSE or whatever you call it, last year of high school sucks for me as well... especially in physics... I have a total idiot as physics teacher, he doesn't know anything about pedagogy, and I'm not the only one who has a problem with him... it'll be my lowest grade.
reider View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2008 at 6:53pm
Originally posted by MartinW MartinW wrote:

Register with the telephone preference service and they won't, or at least very rarely. Once you are registered if you do occasionally get a call, they have to take you off their database if you Tell them to.

The mere mention of the TPS makes them comply instantly.

Done and re done many times, not all companies comply.  Some think because you`re already registered for a service its ok to ring about other stuff.  So some gent(?)  from India and working for Orange rings me at 8pm uk time, I tell him in no uncertain terms not to.  The following week he repeats it.  I then tell him what I think of Orange and how I can`t wait to leave them anyway, was Freeserve originally and gone downhill ever after.  No calls since, so far!  I`m ex directory too, its been brought to my attention that some companies actually pay for a list of people on ex directory and still ring them.  Funny how you can`t get their number though.

Reider
cutchie View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cutchie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2008 at 9:14pm
Originally posted by Kelvin_C-J Kelvin_C-J wrote:

ha, well if you didn't like DT why take it!?

A reasonable question, you may say, but, alas, I go to a completely unreasonable school where DT is compulsoryAngry. So, for the next 6 terms I'm stuck with product design with a dragon, sorry, witch, sorry, teacher with no consideration as to how heavy all the other coursework balanced on my shoulders is.

God, I hate school! Cry
VulcanB2 View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VulcanB2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2008 at 9:28pm
Hi,

AFAIK the TPS isn't legally binding. If you tell them to trash your details under the Data Protection Act however, that is a legal request (don't let them BS you about it must be in writing etc), and must be complied with otherwise they face criminal prosecution..

Best regards,
Vulcan.
Old Flapper View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Old Flapper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2008 at 9:28pm
Cutchie.... These are best years of your life. Trust me I know. hehe Ouch
Everyone's entitled to my opinions
MartinW View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartinW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2008 at 8:47am
TPS... Well it works for me. The quantity of such calls I get now are about two per month. before it was everyday. And if they do call I tell them I'm registrered with the TPS and to take my details of their database and they don't ring again.
cutchie View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cutchie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2008 at 7:21pm
Originally posted by Old Flapper Old Flapper wrote:

Cutchie.... These are best years of your life. Trust me I know. hehe Ouch

Yeah, I know. Embarrassed
It's not as bad as I make it out-despite the pointless media and DT lessons, they're balanced out by English, Geography and German- the three best teachers I've ever had. Especially English- the craziest little lady you've ever come across!Smile
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic