This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > Traffic X / Traffic / Traffic 2005
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Mil plus packs 1+2

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vbomber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Mil plus packs 1+2
    Posted: 05 Sep 2008 at 5:44pm
Hi

I wish to edit the precompiled flightplans for the above plus packs but i am unable to find where they are in the FS9 folder.

I do not have the main Traffic 2005 program installed so i do not have the traffic editor program but i think there should be a text file with all the AI flights in.

Don,t get me wrong the plus packs work perfectly i just want to edit some of the more congested airports so things flow a litte bit smoother but i want to keep my traffic slider up at the top end of the scale.

Thanks for your help in advance.

VBomber
nickb84 View Drop Down
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nickb84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2008 at 12:52pm
Hi VBomber,

For any AI to work in FS there will need to be  a traffic.bgl in the Scenery/World/Scenery folder. You can find this folder C:/Program Files/Microsoft Games/Flight Simulator 9/Scenery/World/scenery

The traffic.bgl file will then need to be decompiled so you can work with them as txt files. To do this you will need a utility called Ttools be Lee Swordy which can be downloaded pretty much loads of places on the net (avsim or flightsim are the first places i would suggest) If you have not already got it.  

Decomile the bgl through ttools and you will then have your 3 txt files which you can open and edit. Once completed save changes and then compile again though ttools back to the scenery folder.

maybe best to make a back up the bgl and txt files before you start editing just in case things dont go to plan.
Hope this helps
Nick B

Long Term FS9 Airbus Pilot

EGLL - LHR, London Heathrow
vbomber View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vbomber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2008 at 2:53pm
Thanks for the reply Nick, i have Lee swordys program installed on another pc which does have the Traffic 2005 package on, so i will transfer it across and start editing later.

I have two pc,s with fs9 on one is for civil and one just for mil aircraft and traffic, hence when i installed the plus packs they do not come with the Traffic editor.

Thanks once again for your reply.
syanide26 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote syanide26 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2008 at 5:35pm
hi ive just brought pluspak mil 2 for FSX.i carnt see any planes at all.with the sliders on full can some 1 help???
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic