This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > DC-8 Jetliner Series 10 through 70
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Trim Handle doesn't work right like in real plane
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Trim Handle doesn't work right like in real plane

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Trim Handle doesn't work right like in real plane
    Posted: 08 Dec 2015 at 8:26pm
Hey, I just wanted to report this pretty big issue so it could possibly be fixed. 
So the DC-8, as well as the DC-9, MD-88, DC-10, and MD-11, all share the same trim handle. This operates by the pilot pushing it forward or backward until he achieves the desired trim setting on the trim indicator. After the pilot achieves that trim setting, the trim handle automatically returns to the center position. 

In the Justflight DC-8 however, this is not the case and heavily impacts the uniqueness and realism of the plane. I find that the trim handle seems to stay wherever you leave it on the trim axis, it doesn't default back to the center position as it should when you finish moving it. 

While this seems like a minor problem, it is actually very large when it comes to the realism of the aircraft. It's the character and uniqueness of the systems on the DC-8, this plane isn't a Boeing or an Airbus, it's a Douglas. And things function differently on a Douglas, that's what's unique about the plane. 

If it's possible, I'd love to see the trim handle fixed in a service pack. It's a really big part of the aircraft and would help perfect the DC-8 as a product, which I'm sure is what we all want.
-Mac
Martyn View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff
Development Manager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Martyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2015 at 11:40am
Hi Mac,

I've passed this feedback to the developers. They will be working on updates for the 10-40 and 50-70 products shortly so hopefully they can incorporate this change.

Thanks
Martyn

Martyn
Just Flight Ltd
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic