This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > Traffic 360
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Help with traffic

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote legins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Help with traffic
    Posted: 30 Nov 2015 at 6:20pm
Hi everyone ive just purchased traffic 360 and it has loaded great the only problem i have is that when i right click in the game to view air traffic around the area i only ever see B737s  and 152 small aircraft do i need to set these up or are they generated by the game and all the boeings are BMI Confused
freddy View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote freddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2015 at 2:55am
The traffic is SAVED in schedule files for each airline. Traffic is not randomly generated each time you run the simulator. Small aircraft like the 152 are also saved in schedules (VFR schedules). You can use the software to EDIT these schedules and add or delete planes. For example, if you feel there are too many BMI aircraft, then you can edit the appropriate schedule(s) and adjust the numbers of those planes appearing at various airports; choosing to remove some of them, and then maybe adding planes from other airlines, to get the balance that you want. The manual has details about how to do this kind of thing. Always remember that after you make such changes, and save the file(s), you must also then do a COMPILE so that your changes will appear in the simulator.
RayM View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RayM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2015 at 11:56am
Originally posted by legins legins wrote:

<span style="line-height: 16.8px; : rgb251, 251, 253;">Hi everyone ive just purchased traffic 360 and it has loaded great the only problem i have is that when i right click in the game to view air traffic around the area i only ever see B737s  and 152 small aircraft do i need to set these up or are they generated by the game and all the boeings are BMI </span>Confused

If you are still trying to sort out your Traffic 360 difficulties, there is information we need before anyone can help you.

Traffic 360 adds a file "ai-traffic.bgl" (102,328Kb) to your FSX installation at

....\FSX\scenery\world\scenery.

This file contains loads of Airline, Military and General aviation AI traffic.

At the same time it should have changed the name of the original FSX AI aircraft file "TrafficAircraft.bgl" to "TrafficAircraft._bgl" (I think?) in order to disable it. Please check these 2 files.

What are your FSX traffic settings? Settings-Display-Traffic - set Airline traffic to 60% & General aviation traffic to 60%.

Now tell us what you see at a typical mixed aviation airport. We may be able to help from this point.
A long time FSXA and Traffic X user
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic