This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > Tornado GR1
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

External Lights

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wepper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: External Lights
    Posted: 23 Nov 2015 at 8:42pm
For Info or (maybe) to fix: Some external lights are not realistic.
The Obst Lights on the Wingtips are flashing as a strobe. In the earlier ages of Tornado they were steady.
The Anti Collision Lights are flashing randomly. In real life they are flashing exactly alternate. The German and Italian in red, the british in white.

And

I don´t know, if it´s a bug, but the Taxi and Landing Lights have no effect on the ground. Thats awfull for Night Operations.

Is it planned, to change something at externals in the future?

By the way: A really great simulated plane. Thanks for thatClap
M. "Bingo" Wimmer
teesflyer View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote teesflyer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2015 at 1:49pm
Incidentally in the early days of Tornado, RAF used white anti-coll by day and red at night. Not sure when or indeed if this practice changed, I just remember linies changing the lens when it got dark
Martyn View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff
Development Manager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Martyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2015 at 11:24am
Hi Martin,

We are looking into the lighting issues that you've reported.

Thanks
Martyn

Martyn
Just Flight Ltd
Dondy View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dondy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2015 at 7:11pm
Just one small correction:

The orange/red anti collision lights, one on the spine and one under the canopy, do NOT flash exactly alternate. At least not at the Tornado IDS which flew until 2002 at the JaboG 34 in Memmingen.
I also often noticed back in the day that one flashes at a slightly higher frequency as the other.
Wepper View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wepper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2015 at 4:04pm
Now, I´m on maintenance on this thing since 1992. Believe me, they are flashing alternately. Even with the new ASST A3 Versions.
M. "Bingo" Wimmer
Dondy View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dondy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2015 at 5:17pm
Ah my old brain hurts!
Sorry Wepper, yes you are right! What I often noticed was not a different frequency of the two lights on one and the same Tornado but subtle differencies in the frequency from one Tornado to the other!

Again sorry! I confused myself Wacko
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic