This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > DC-8 Jetliner Series 10 through 70
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

DC8-73F - FMS

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike70 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: DC8-73F - FMS
    Posted: 14 Oct 2015 at 4:54pm
I installed the latest version of the stretch DC8s onto my new computer, Windows 10 and FSX Steam. All the 50 -60 series work fine, and the -73F does also except the FMS.

When pulled up, the initial screen has no data in it, and the Route page does not allow me to enter the depart and dest into a scratchpad. The entry keys show they can be pushed, but no letters show up, and in fact there does not seem to be a scratchpad area (below a dashed line) for keystroke entries to show up to use with the LSK keys. I tried both the FMS keyboard as well as the computer keyboard, but nothing happens.

Anyone got any ideas? Somewhere I have a missing dll or something. The install file did locate the correct directory for Steam - no problem there. I also have the latest FPSUIC for FSX-SE.
Mike70 View Drop Down
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike70 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2015 at 10:11pm
UPDATE --

Fooling around a little more, the FMS appears to work. but there is some type of font problem. I entered a flightplan via the company flight LSK and it came up and loaded. However, only some of the text on the legs pages appear - just leg dist, hdg and time. No waypoint names, etc. Also ,though I entered a cruise altitude value it seemed to take, but I see nothing on the VNAV page.
RottenMoses View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RottenMoses Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2015 at 6:22am
I have the same problem. When I had Windows 8.1, the FMS worked fine. Then I updated to Windows 10 and FMS didn't work anymore.
Rich View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2015 at 10:46am
Hi Chaps, 

I believe this is because one of the fonts it uses was retired from Win 10. However, you should be able to rectify this by downloading and installing this: http://cdn.mastertronic.com/justflight/support/updates/L1011Pro/Latha.ttf 

Hope it helps
RottenMoses View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RottenMoses Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2015 at 3:54pm
Thanks, it worked!
Mike70 View Drop Down
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike70 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2015 at 8:01pm
Me too! Thanks a million --
DC-8 Guy View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DC-8 Guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2016 at 4:53am
The link is bad. The problem I have with the fms's on the 50 - 70 is in P3D V3 with windows 10 none of the buttons on the fms do anything but still works in fsx
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic