This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > DC-8 Jetliner Series 10 through 70
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Possible bug with new update( sp3)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flyforever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Possible bug with new update( sp3)
    Posted: 12 Oct 2015 at 5:07pm
Can someone confirm that the trim wheel is now buggy? No matter what I do, the needle moves abruptly when trimming with a joystick lever.
tony
FV
flyforever View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flyforever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2015 at 8:35pm
My mistake. Trim works great. tony
FV
Deltahotel View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deltahotel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2015 at 10:53pm
Been a while since I had a flight with this DC8, so I've forgotten what most of the problems were!

So ... now with SP3, just been flying around the old Hong Kong, Kai Tak, day and night, and without getting into any of the systems complications I had forgotten that this aircraft is an absolute delight to hand fly. VC night lighting is brilliant, the primary attitude indicator is just fine (I accept that the 'wrong way' bank indicator at the top was a quirk on this aircraft and others) and well lit, I have Nav1 and Nav2 needles axs well as OBS for Nav1 (haven't checked the ADF indication yet), and a readable DME window for Nav1 - sure just basic must haves, but all nicely done.

It is a bit of a struggle to be sure of the altimeter thousands in the mini window, but possible - not sure if this has been improved or whether my eyes have got better!

I have always liked the fact that you can engage the altitude hold with simple Z, then Ctrl+Z, without an automatic HDG hold - makes for much more enjoyable visual in external views when hand flying in level flight.

Took me some time to remember to find that battery switch on the engineer's panel to make the flap indicator work, and thst ear bogey steering seems a bit abrupt/excessive, as is the lateral wallowing on the ground.

... but I had a thoroughly enjoyable experience, so thank you.
Dave H
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic