This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Avro Vulcan B2 For FSX+

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote duffy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Avro Vulcan B2 For FSX+
    Posted: 12 Oct 2015 at 1:48pm
I'm writing to ask if justFlight would make a new and updated model of the Vulcan Bomber which would be fully FSX compatable aswell as P3D and Steam.
The last flying Vulcan bomber stops flying this year and it would be great to have a model with textures and model as good as the tornado and hawk which is in development.

There are other Vulcan bombers out there but not one that has a simplified autopilot that you could use the built in FSX autopilot.  The Iris model is a nice model to look at but as far as flyability it is really only ideal for doing flybys and not long distance flights that you need to fly at a set cruising altitude and speed.

Delta558 View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Just Flight FDE Developer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Delta558 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2015 at 6:57pm
Seconded - I've been asking for that for a while! I know I'm not alone in wanting one done, but we're outnumbered at the moment.

However, the Iris AP is correct in its function - it's basically the same unit as we modelled in the Canberra PR9 and it's far from ideal for long, unattended flight legs. You have to monitor it, it's an early autopilot and not up to modern standards - it would keep you straight and level within certain tolerances but there would be some wander.

Paul.
Capt Pugwash View Drop Down
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Capt Pugwash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2015 at 4:50pm
Yep... XH558 for P3Dv3 would be quite amazing :)
Also a V- Bomber base of the era as part of the package would make it something quite special...
i7 930 @4.3, GTX970-4gb, 1TB EVO SSD, H100i Water-cooler, 12gb ram, Win7 64bit, Warthog Hotas, Saitek pedals & panels...
duffy View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote duffy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2015 at 4:58pm
I have been writing to other developers and I received an answer from Virtualcol which looks promising but may take a while to arrive as they have quite a production list after there Shorts 330/360 models.  Here's a copy of the reply.

Dear Customer,

Thank you very much for this message. It’s very important for us our customers think in our company for projects like this.  I commented this request with our developer team and really we are interested. Is not habitual for us work in military projects, we are over the line “Regional” and “Commuter” but this is an option to expand to other class of projects.  It’s possible this take some time because we are scheduled a list of projects but don’t worry, it will be listed in projects soon.

Kind regards,

JOSE J. GONZALEZ

Development & Commercial Chief

logovcol_email
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic