This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Chat > Hardware
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Flight sim 2004 . Admin user issue

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bazzaj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Flight sim 2004 . Admin user issue
    Posted: 14 Sep 2015 at 5:39pm
Hi all,I really hope someone can help. I recently upgraded my desk top PC and with it came windows 7. I installed my Flight sim 2004 and it has been working fine for the last 2 weeks. I used it on Friday 11th Sept all ok,went to use it yesterday Sunday 13th,now when I click on the Flight sim icon on the desk top,it comes up with a box saying ``Access Denied`` `Please Login with administrator Privileges and try again`

I am the only user,so I am logged in as administrator.
Has anyone had this before, and found a way round it?
The only other change to the the computer was a windows update which installed on Sunday after switching on the computer.

Many thanks inadvance.
Barry
bazzaj
Jim View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2015 at 10:45am
Hi Barry this might be a silly question,have you tried a right clck on 2004 icon.
Jim.
bazzaj View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bazzaj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2015 at 9:25pm
Hi Jim, thanks for your reply and yes I did try right click, and tried running it as administrator.

I have since downloaded a patch that was recommended by another flight simmer called `FS2004 no cd` patch, having down loaded and installed it the flight sim works fine. It basically means you don't have to have the fourth CD in the machine to load it, however now Traffic 2005 will not install!

Thanks Barry
bazzaj
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic