This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > Electra
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Lockheed Electra bugs found

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mnowinski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2016 at 12:24am
I just checked FSX Accel version and the Boise VOR, BOI, is listed as a VOR?DME.

I just checked my Electra and the DME works fine with BOI feq tuned to either Nav1 or Nav2,  Did you check to make sure the DME radio was turned on, and tuned to N1 or N2?

I'm not sure what the range of the DME transmitter on the ground is.  It might not extend out as far as the VOR signal.  Something to check.
Mike
Ramjett53 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ramjett53 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2016 at 4:13am
Thanks for the reply Mike,

Boise VOR range is 195nm, but I could not find anywhere that said what the DME range was. Doesn't matter, I tracked it all the way to Boise and even at 10 miles I had the signal, the needle was pointing, but nothing in the DME window, just a black screen. Made double sure both NAV Radios were tuned to 113.30 and tried both.

Yep, I had the DME gauge turned on and tried N1, N2, and even Hold, cycling back and forth.

Have a friend who bought the aircraft the day before I did. He said his does display a distance, but only sporadically. In his case not sure which VOR he is using and line of sight may be an issue in his case...sounds like it. In my case, the Snake River Plain is relatively flat where I was flying and I could pick up both the VOR and DME signal in the default Cessna 172 at 100 miles easy at only 7000' MSL. In the L10A I was at 10,500 feet and when I flipped the DME Ident switch at the top of the radio stack I got the morse for the DME, but still no display in the DME Window.

Puzzling.

Randy
Randy Tyndall
Ramjett53 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ramjett53 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2016 at 1:23am
Still haven't got the DME to work no matter what I try. Had another oddity happen today flying from Tucson to New Orleans.

Somewhere west of Austin, TX the engines both died. I hadn't been paying attention and both engines were getting fuel from the left wing tank. This confused me because shortly after takeoff I had switched both the left and right fuel selector to AUX and both switched were still in that position, yet the right main was at 98% and the AUX (Center) tank was at 98% and the Left main tank was...obviously...dry.

I could not get the engines to relight no matter what tank and xfeed configuration I selected so I dead sticked...she glides very well without power by the way...into a farmer's field and then tried repeatedly to restart the engines. Nothing I did would get them to light.

I reloaded the aircraft and tried different fuel switch configurations and it worked as expected. AUX selected drew from the center tank, left main/right main drew from left and right wing tanks, and left main/right xfeed drew from the left only.

I do know this. Shortly after takeoff when I made the fuel tank switch to AUX I did the left one with a right click from LEFT MAIN to AUX. When I did the right side I also right clicked and turned the fuel selector off. The engine started to die and I immediately left clicked twice...very quickly...to the AUX position. Is it possible somehow the addon thought I left clicked three times to XFEED, the only configuration I could discover drew only from the left wing? I know for a fact the selector was on AUX though.

Randy

Edit: I have solved, I think, the fuel selector issue. For years I have followed the "Load the default Cessna" rule when using payware and then switch to the payware. When I did that it ran fine on LEFT MAIN/RIGHT MAIN drawing fuel from the respective tank to engine consumption, but as soon as I switched to AUX it began feeding both engines from only the LEFT MAIN. No amount of selector changes would stop that configuration. However, if I loaded the L10A directly at the beginning of my session the tanks made the appropriate selections and I could move back and forth between different configurations including XFEED.
Randy Tyndall
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
  Share Topic