This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > Traffic X / Traffic / Traffic 2005
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

traffic 2005 voice problem

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote keenrw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: traffic 2005 voice problem
    Posted: 25 Aug 2015 at 6:54pm
Hi

I have a slight problem with the voice files I have set them to just traffic 2005 voices but I'm still hearing the FS9 voices too..so something has gone wrong some were ..I know I tried installing some new voice files so maybe they have corrupted the traffic 2005 voice files ..I found were the default files are and they change when I alter which set I want from the traffic 2005 options but I still hear the fs9 voices .
Any ideas how to fix this please ?

Thanks
Rich
freddy View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote freddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2015 at 6:05am
Go to the "xx/Sound/ATC" folder (where xx represents the folder you installed Flight Simulator in to).

Reply here and list all of the files (full filenames) that you see in there.

mark62 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mark62 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2015 at 11:28am
Hi! I am having problems too...since upgrading to Windows 10 nothing worked so I resorted to buying FSX Steam & downloading Traffic & ORBX. All OK bar Traffic voices.

Something to do with safedisc..

Anyway..Editvoicepack is OK..FSUIP is up to date..but no Traffic voices only FSX default.

I may swallow the bullet & download Radar Contact or another Traffic program..I am only interested in EU voices really.
mark62 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mark62 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2015 at 11:34am
Hi Freddy!

I have the following files within my FSX Steam Sound Folder:

ASOS (a folder)
EVPAcellerated1.fst
EVPWaveCache.bin
traffic.flag
USEnglishBig.evporg

NB within the ASOS folder I have USEnglishASOS.gvp

Thank you for your help.

Mark
mark62 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mark62 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2015 at 11:36am
Incidentally I also have the simconnect.dll in place OK.
freddy View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote freddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2015 at 1:58am
I note the original poster (keenrw) hasn't responded yet with their file list. But looking at yours, here's my assessment ...

I don't know what the "EVPAcellerated1.fst" file is, but I will assume it has something to do with EditVoicePack and using that to accelerate (speed up) the ATC comms. I also have no idea what the "traffic.flag" file is.

I will assume the "USEnglishBig.evporg" file is a back up of the original "USEnglishBig.evp" default FSX file (with "org" on the end probably being short for "original"). The ASOS folder is correct, as is the "USEnglishASOS.gvp" contained therein.

But, whilst your folder has this "USEnglishBig.evporg" (backup file?) in it, I see there's no actual "USEnglishBig.gvp" (or equivalent) file in your folder. Considering you are using EditVoicePack and appear to have accelerated your ATC voices with that, I can only guess that your ATC is still working with the FSX default voices because the "EVPAcellerated1.fst" is probably what it is using.

In short, the truth is, I really have no idea.

Now, having said that ...

I am using normal FSX (not FSX:SE) and I once tried to get the Traffic 2005 voices working with it. I copied the Traffic 2005 .evp files to that sound folder and selected the one I wanted from within the FSX selection menus ... but, I had zero luck ... I could not get the Traffic 2005 voices to work. So I gave up and went back to using the stock standard FSX ATC which is working fine for me without any issues. (Incidentally, I also use EditVoicePack, but I have never tried accelerating the voices.)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic