This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Chat > Just Chat - General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Windows 10 and FSX problems

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ranger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Windows 10 and FSX problems
    Posted: 24 Aug 2015 at 5:38pm
After installing Windows 10  64bit my FSX stopped working I cannot even reinstall it . I am getting a variety of error messages depending what I am trying to do. The big problem is that there is very little information relating to error messages on Windows 10. I have tried following various instructions on how to fix the error messages without any success. I am very disappointed that there seems to be a compatibility problem between two Microsoft products, perhaps eventually there will be an upgrade. I have also tried to install FSX on my 32 bit drive with Windows 10 no success here either and I have dumped Windows 10 and reinstated windows 7 on the 64 bit system, FSX returns an error message when trying to reinstall on the win 7 system. So I suppose my next step will be to do a total clean up of the drive and try again but not today I have had enough. Any one else having problems??
Claim to fame. Flew in the Meteor T7 when it was RAF frontline fighter in the early 1950's
MartinW View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartinW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2015 at 10:01am
I've not tried W10 yet, so can't really be of much help, I would be guessing.

I would ask the guys in the Avsim W10 forum, as well as here. Some very experienced guys there.

http://www.avsim.com/forum/731-win10-os-forum/
ranger View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ranger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2015 at 10:22am
Thanks for the advice Martin
Mike
Claim to fame. Flew in the Meteor T7 when it was RAF frontline fighter in the early 1950's
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic