This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > L-1011 TriStar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

FSXSE L-1011 Aircraft not seen/drawn

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CWChute Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: FSXSE L-1011 Aircraft not seen/drawn
    Posted: 10 Aug 2015 at 3:26am
Hello, I just purchased this today as part of the 2-for-1 deal. The aircraft is visible in the aircraft selection menu, but when the sim loads, I can not see the aircraft in any of the external views. The panels render fine, but the only part of the aircraft I can see in external views are the red beacon lights, nothing else. Ideas please?

Also, having bought the Professional version today, I shouldn't have to install the service pack, correct?

Thanks in advance,

Oh, system details:

FSX Steam
WinXP Pro SP3
AMD Phenom II x4 B55 3.21 GHz
3.25 GB RAM
Nvidia GeForce GTX760 driver v.353.30

CWChute View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CWChute Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2015 at 12:39pm
Aaaaaaand it would be WinXP that is the problem! D'oh!
Blaunarwal View Drop Down
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blaunarwal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2015 at 3:30pm
Hi 

I have a similar experience in P3D2. The model doesn't load, because of lack of memory. This is not your systems fault, but the sim, which only has a limited amount of memory available. The Tristar pro uses a lot of memory and if you're at a large airport with AI, it's maybe not enough. Frankly, the pro version seems to be unusable to me. I will do some more testing and if it fails totally, ask for a refund. I was a happy user of the first version of the JF Tristar and bought the pro only to be able to install into P3D2. A big mistake I fear. Tested it under Windows 10, FSX Acc and P3D2 v.2.5 latest hotfix.

Dan
Blaunarwal View Drop Down
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blaunarwal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2015 at 5:14am
I successfully use now the standard version of the Tristar in both, FSX and P3D2. To install in P3D2 install it in a temporary directory to be able to copy all files to the sim. I didn't test if all switches work, but the model and cockpit load into the sim without CTD or airport buildings going off etc. 
CaptainIFLY View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CaptainIFLY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2015 at 1:58pm
12/7/2015

Thankfully, I don't have those issues with the standard version.

BUT - What some of these Developers / Aircraft & Scenery Designers don't realize is that if their products with all those Super Huge Textures 4096, are Memory Resource hogs, whats the point ?????

It may look good for Screen Shots to Sell the product out of the gate, but for how long ???

The more users have problems with loading the Aircraft and Display problems - and they begin writing into all these Forum Boards seeking help / answers, only to find out, their system doesn't have not only enough memory / RAM , but also their Processor isn't good enough.

So, off to the computer store to but more RAM and a speedier processor, and spend hundreds of dollars just to be able to Fly what a $20.00 to $30.00 dollar Sim Aircraft ????

To do so correctly so it'll all work along with All the other Flight Sim Addon's

Active Sky & any other weather generators

A.I. Traffic whatevers

and any other Hardware like Saitek equipment , Track IR, Fraps etc.

Its almost as if they think its the only Add On a Flight Sim user is gonna have in the simulator.

They have some Super Duper computer to Design create all this stuff, but the rest of everybody out here doesn't !!!

Buying the Aircraft and having to turn down all the settings to the min. or below, to the point the Aircraft or scenery Displays like its from Flight Sim 98 or 2002, whats the point ?????

I've been Flight Simming since 2002, and I have a variety of Aircraft in all kinds of different formats, over 4,000 Aircraft and Frankly I see NO reason to have those 4096 Textures, its pointless !

Those Big 4096 Textures eat up a lot of Resources along with all the other moving, animated Gizmo's in the Aircraft, Gauges, Weather Radar, Spinning props, or Engine fans on Jets, lights, sounds etc.

Before ya know it, you've got a resource Hog that Jitters, stutters, Crashes ( CTD's) and so much for being able to Enjoy the Aircraft as it was meant to be.

The only ones I hear & See liking those Huge Textures are the ones who will sit there and "Oddle & Ahh" over some "Rivets down the side of the Aircraft", do they actually ever get into actually flying the aircraft , besides 15 minute jaunts, kinda hard to do when their "trippin" over Rivets on the outside of the Aircraft ~ !!!

Catering to a select few,, a small bunch whos into that !!!

I figured by now, as far as we are into this Flight Simulator Genre, they'd figured out a set standard to adhere to that worked, but apparently, not.

Some of these Aircraft you can't even use / Fly in or near any populated Cities / Populated Airports of any Decent size, for the Texture Quality of the Airports now are so High along with any Airport Animated Ground Traffic, A.I. Traffic, tugs, moving Jetways, people, Animated Air Marshalls, Follow me cars etc, your Sim just locks up and its over, so - whats the point !!

The other thing that Annoys the Hell out of me, is when I see Simmers switching to Different views, from different cockpit views inside the Aircraft , and theirs this moment of 'LAG" upon "Load Up" from 1 view to the next view, while we have to wait for the Gauges to load and the rest of the cockpit Textures as well.

This has been increasingly noticible on Aircraft that's came out within the last 3 years, from ALL the Developers , theres a few exceptions, and that's because that particular Aircraft doesn't use those huge Textures that "Require" a lot of "Resources" and "RAM" to Display all the Textures.

Case in point, is I've got some of Carenado's older Cessna Aircrafts and they all function and Display just fine without any issues at all, along with the older FSX version of Captain Sim 707 and FSX Version 727.

But lately Carenado has went to the bigger huge textures and the flight sim forums are lit up over it too, from users - this won't display, that doesn't display, their sim locked up in mid flight, or CTD issues , OOM issues ( Out of Memory ), other things not displaying properly etc.

I mean, how much of a SUPER COMPUTER do we really need to be Flight Simmers now days, just so a few Developers can sell a FEW Aircraft to the very FEW that actually buy them.

In todays times with Computers way way better than they were even 10-15 years ago, theres no reason a Flight Sim user shouldn't be able to set their Slider settings to just above "Normal" and be just fine without any issues and be able to Enjoy the Full Effect of the Aircraft & Scenery and all its Functions, without any Hassles , like were seeing & hearing across the Flight Sim Forum Boards, and NOT just this Web Site / Forum, but all of them , from Simviation to Flight Sim.com, AVSIM, Aerosoft, the other Developer sites as well.

I recently NOTIFIED Carenado about their Big Huge Textures they've decided to start coming out with and I told them, they have now Limited their ability to sell their Aircraft to the "Majority" of us Flight Sim Hobbyists out here because of it. I "Won't" be buying / purchasing anymore Aircraft that use those 4096 Textures, their just to "TAXING" on my system Resource wize, with all the other Flight Sim add ons that I use while flying, just like the rest of the Flight Simmers as well.

I told them, your catering & Pandering to a select few / small crowd, hope its worth it financially to ya' ?????

Frankly Textures that are "2048 X 2048' are just fine and work fine with the Majority of todays Flight Simmers with their Computers, anything Beyond that is just outright non sense for a "select few" who are into "Bragging rights & Ego Trips" ~ !!!

I've got the Original "FREEWARE" version of KBT Teams Lockheed Electra 4 Engine propliner, complete with Virtual Cockpit and detailed Passenger Cabin and a slew of Animations with the majority of switches that work and Gauges , and I never experience any issues with it, while flying or switching views from inside or switching views from outside to inside the cockpit, no lag upon loading. That Aircraft came out in like 2006 /2007 when it was released and uses the 2048 X 2048 textures, which work & display just fine.

A lotta Milton Shupes Aircraft as detailed as they are also Work & Display and Fly just fine, better than some of my Payware Aircraft I have.

I wonder how long it'll be before these 4096 X 4096 textures aren't good enough anymore for the Select Few Flight Simmers, and the Developers come out with , say 9070 X 9070 textures ??????

Imagine the Super Triple Quadcore Processor you'll have to have (Purchase) to run those add on's and the Memory / RAM you'll need as well, you'll have to have a whole separate computer just to hold the RAM and Super Processor & Mega Graphics card huh ?????

OK, ya' so "Delroy" the Flight Simmer purchased a $45.00 dollar Aircraft Add On', but had to go drop $7,500 dollars on an Amped up Super Computer to be able to use it - gimme a break, really , like in really ???????

Think its time to Re'elvaluate where all this is really going and eventually headed, because at this rate, it won't be good for a lotta developers and long time Seasoned Flight Sim Hobbyist's as well as the newbies either.

By the way, my computer :

16 GB Ram   

Quadcore processor

Graphics Video CARD 2gb XFX Radeon 270X

64 Bit machine / Windows 7

4 Fans cooling

2 TB - External Hard Drive to store the additional 4,975 Aircraft on and over 750 Add On sceneries.

6 Speaker Surround

4 32" Flat Screens

Computer is only used for Flight Simming and nothing else, no other Sims or Games, not even Emailing or surfing the web.

Capt I~ Fly

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic