This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > Traffic 360
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

P3D v2.5 and Traffic360

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Allenby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: P3D v2.5 and Traffic360
    Posted: 05 Jul 2015 at 3:24pm
I've been trying to get Traffic360 to run again with P3D but keep getting a api.dll crash after about 15 minutes flying GA in the UK.

I've uninstalled Traffi360 but found another entry for it in Programs and Feature dated 22/08/2014 when I was operating FSX. On trying to unistall this entry I get an error panel up:-

Just Flight -Traffic 360-InstallShield Wizard
An error (-5005:0X80070002) has occured while running this setup.

Details:-
Error Code:    -5005 : 0x80070002
Error Information:
>Kernel\KernelMedia.cpp (95)
>SetupNew\setup.cpp (817)
PAPP:Just Flight - Traffic 360
PVENDOR:Just Flight (www.justflight.com)
PGUID:65F3FD0F-E46A-4959-BAC2-94F686ECAD16
$17.0.717
@Windows 7 / Server 2008 R2 Service Pack 1 (7601)
IE Version: 9.11.9600.17843

Now this is left over from a previous install and I cannot get rid of and this is also causing me the present problems. I've looked through the Registry but cannot find any JustFlight entries.

Can anyone help solve my problem to delete this entry in Programs and Features?

Regards

Nigel

Expect the unexpected.Intel i5-2500K@3.30GHz Sandy Bridge
ASROCK Q77M vPRO Motherboard
8GB DDR3 Ram,ASUS NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 3GB, OCZ 750 watt PSU, Windows 10 Home 64bit
freddy View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote freddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2015 at 11:43pm
I don't have the answer, but suggest this ...

Start by doing a Google search for the following:

Error Code:-5001 : 0xffffec75

You'll get lots of hits/results. Do some reading, but don't take any action on your PC just yet. This kind of error is "generic" and you need to build up an understanding of what can cause it which should then help you to work out why YOU might be seeing it on YOUR machine. If you blindly dive in, following the first instructions that you see, then you might make your own issue worse.

Many of the hits/results from that initial Google search talk about temporarily disabling your Anti-Virus software and doing a "clean boot" of your PC, before trying to run the install (or in your case the UNinstall). Some also mention checking to see if the Windows Installer Service is running and provide details about how to do that.

Now, after doing some initial reading from that initial Google search, expand that search to other terms from the error message. For example, search for ...

Kernel\KernelMedia.cpp (95)
and then
SetupNew\setup.cpp (817)

By doing more and more searches, and more and more reading, you will start to build a general idea of what might be happening. Once you get a general idea, you can then make an INFORMED decision about how to proceed on YOUR computer.

Good luck.

RayM View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RayM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2015 at 7:14am
Quote: "Can anyone help solve my problem to delete this entry in Programs and Features?"

Can you expand upon what you are saying here? What is "Programs and Features"? Is this a Folder containing files or a registry entry or what?
A long time FSXA and Traffic X user
Allenby View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Allenby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2015 at 3:05pm
I deleted the leftover Just Flight Traffic360 entry in Control Panel/Programs and Features by using CCleaner and finding the entry by using Tools, did a full Registry clean, checked the entry in Programs and Features and the errant item has finally gone . I'm using Win7 Home Premium 64bit.

I also deleted all old and unused FS9 and FSX entries in the registry at HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\ and other addresses where Just Flight or JF were mentioned.

Now to test if Traffic360 will work! Thanks for you input anyway.
8GB DDR3 Ram,ASUS NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 3GB, OCZ 750 watt PSU, Windows 10 Home 64bit
freddy View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote freddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2015 at 12:45am
Ray asked, "What is 'Programs and Features'?". C'mon Ray, surely you know about Control Panel - Programs and Features? It's where you would go to uninstall programs. It's the new name for what used to be called "Add Remove Programs".

Allenby, if I'd known you just wanted to "not see" the Traffic X entry in the Programs and Features list, then I would have simply directed you straight to that HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\ registry key. My post was more along the lines of "let's attempt to work out what's going on and how to clean it up satisfactorily; left over files, folders, registry keys, and all". Deleting a registry key (or keys) is one thing, but let's hope there's no other unexpected files or folders still left hanging around on your system that might cause some grief later.

Still, it may well just be as simple as deleting that key. Who knows?

So here's hoping that Traffic 360 will now work! Fingers crossed for you.
RayM View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RayM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2015 at 8:52am
Originally posted by freddy freddy wrote:

Ray asked, "What is 'Programs and Features'?". C'mon Ray, surely you know about Control Panel - Programs and Features? It's where you would go to uninstall programs. It's the new name for what used to be called "Add Remove Programs".

Sorry Freddy, but just got back from a couple of weeks holiday in Ibiza (Spanish Balearics) where it was very hot. Haven't touched a computer for all that time - brain has addled!
wain View Drop Down
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2015 at 4:47pm
and the partying and alcoholic beverages dont help either.....Wink
RayM View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RayM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2015 at 11:00pm
Originally posted by wain wain wrote:

and the partying and alcoholic beverages dont help either.....Wink

I thought that someone was spying on me!
freddy View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote freddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2015 at 3:46am
Our spies are "everywhere".
Allenby View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Allenby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2015 at 5:50pm
Well, Freddy, I've got it working but only by not having "AircraftFacilities" enabled in my Scenery Library of P3D v2.5! If I have it enabled I will get a api.dll crash within five to ten minutes of flying. Again I have the annoying loud sound problem with Traffic360 which I can't seem to resolve. As Martin of JF has informed me ,they are still working on making T360 compatible with P3D v2.5 but the oncoming v3 is slowing things up.
Ho Hum, will just stick with WOAI and be patient.
freddy View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote freddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2015 at 3:07am
Well, at least you got it working. Well done. But, as you say, not without some other "issues" causing you to stick with WOAI for the moment. Fair enough.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic