This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > F27 Friendship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedHow far out is the SP ?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2015 at 5:24am
I have learned one thing from waiting for the SP for the F27, it was my last Justflight branded product I buy.
Sidious78 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2015 at 12:24pm
Originally posted by Melvin Melvin wrote:

I have learned one thing from waiting for the SP for the F27, it was my last Justflight branded product I buy.

Right there with you. This is just sad.
donnybalonny View Drop Down
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2015 at 12:32pm
Maybe one day the SP will be finished. I dont think there will be many updates about it here though. I doubt that this guy who once a month tells us, that the SP has been finished and that he only needs to write the manual, has the guts to post that one more time. Clown
Scotty View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2015 at 1:09pm
I'm still here and my guts are fine, but thank you for enquiring. The situation is still the same unfortunately. As soon as I am able the manual will be updated and the SP issued. Once more my apologies for the delay.
Scotty

Just Flight Ltd.
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2015 at 2:22pm
I always have a ton of respect for people with strong guts and big balls, so you get a point from me.Thumbs Up
Hamsammich View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2015 at 6:59am
Afraid that balls or guts or not, Scotty, your answers convey any of several things, none of them especially comforting to your customers--and I say this as someone who has worked in management consulting, so people paid me for advice like this, for whatever that's worth to you or the forum.

One possibility is you are well-intentioned, competent but otherwise utterly overburdened, likely as a result of saying yes to too many people and projects--IOW, the victim of your good nature and your company's unexpected success. This ruins more businesses than you'd imagine, especially small and specialized ones. I've got lots of experience with small, high-end, audio firms that get a single good review then collapse because they can't meet demand or properly service customers. 

Another possibility: You are well-intentioned but incompetent as a manager or customer relations agent.

Finally, and there's sadly nothing in your credulity-straining statements to suggest otherwise, you're simply blowing smoke. The update is not finished, there are glitches in it, the dog ate it, whatever.

What I'm getting at, though, is it really doesn't matter at the end of the day. None of it is good. And it all flows from the bad decision to say, months and months ago, that the update was either all-but-done or done.

You over-promised and under-delivered and now seem to be BS-ing people who paid you money, partly, in expectation of something better than that.

Customers now expect you to pick up the ball you dropped and it's vital that you do--even if it costs Just Flight something. Whether that's reallocating resources from future work or something else, I don't know, but you now likely have several thousand customers you've now alienated. Don't turn them into thousands of ex-customers who won't buy new products from you and will likely encourage prospective customers to do the same.

Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2015 at 8:01am
Agree agree agree.
I didnt buy this one. I waited for it for a long time (anyone remember the wait)  I decided to wait untill things were fixed........ Now I probably wont buy it unless it comes on a 10.-€ sale
Meanwhile, I bought the Lockheed Electra from the same develloper and publishere. The most buggy payware plane I ever bought. They just released a service pack that doesnt even fix 2 out of 3 navigation instruments. 

To me the formula is very clear:
2015 + Aeroplane Heaven + Justflight = Bad!

AS HamSammich wrote, its giving JustFlight a very poor image.
Martyn View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff
Development Manager

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2015 at 10:31am
Hi all,

I'm currently in the process of finishing off the manual amendments so the service pack should be ready for release later this week or early next week.

Thanks
Martyn
Martyn
Just Flight Ltd
mchariri View Drop Down
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2015 at 10:40am
Thanks for good news 
kevinh View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2015 at 4:33pm
Originally posted by Hamsammich Hamsammich wrote:

Afraid that balls or guts or not, Scotty, your answers convey any of several things, none of them especially comforting to your customers--and I say this as someone who has worked in management consulting, so people paid me for advice like this, for whatever that's worth to you or the forum.

One possibility is you are well-intentioned, competent but otherwise utterly overburdened, likely as a result of saying yes to too many people and projects--IOW, the victim of your good nature and your company's unexpected success. This ruins more businesses than you'd imagine, especially small and specialized ones. I've got lots of experience with small, high-end, audio firms that get a single good review then collapse because they can't meet demand or properly service customers. 

Another possibility: You are well-intentioned but incompetent as a manager or customer relations agent.

Finally, and there's sadly nothing in your credulity-straining statements to suggest otherwise, you're simply blowing smoke. The update is not finished, there are glitches in it, the dog ate it, whatever.

What I'm getting at, though, is it really doesn't matter at the end of the day. None of it is good. And it all flows from the bad decision to say, months and months ago, that the update was either all-but-done or done.

You over-promised and under-delivered and now seem to be BS-ing people who paid you money, partly, in expectation of something better than that.

Customers now expect you to pick up the ball you dropped and it's vital that you do--even if it costs Just Flight something. Whether that's reallocating resources from future work or something else, I don't know, but you now likely have several thousand customers you've now alienated. Don't turn them into thousands of ex-customers who won't buy new products from you and will likely encourage prospective customers to do the same.

Just Flight have been honest about the delay, you have no idea why the manual hasn't been finished yet you wade in with some unfairly critical "advice". You say you have worked in management consulting so you ought to know not to give advice without having all the facts available. Crucially you have no idea what delayed the manual update. If anyone is blowing smoke it's you.

Meanwhile the F-27 remains flyable, so what exactly is your problem? You should be pleased JF are issuing a revised manual as it indicates the systems operation is changed significantly. Good quality manuals take time to produce.

Kevin
Scotty View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2015 at 4:50pm
Hamsammich, thank you for passing your advice on to me. Its all noted and fully understood.

Originally posted by kevinh kevinh wrote:

Originally posted by Hamsammich Hamsammich wrote:

Just Flight have been honest about the delay, you have no idea why the manual hasn't been finished yet you wade in with some unfairly critical "advice". You say you have worked in management consulting so you ought to know not to give advice without having all the facts available. Crucially you have no idea what delayed the manual update. If anyone is blowing smoke it's you.

Meanwhile the F-27 remains flyable, so what exactly is your problem? You should be pleased JF are issuing a revised manual as it indicates the systems operation is changed significantly. Good quality manuals take time to produce.

Kevin
Scotty

Just Flight Ltd.
Martyn View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff
Development Manager

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2015 at 9:27am
Hi all,

A few issues were spotted in the software during the editing of the manual. We've been working to fix those issues and we hope to receive the final fixes from the developer this week. Once those have been received the installer will get updated and the SP will be made available shortly thereafter.

You will all receive an email to alert you to the release of the SP.

Thanks
Martyn
Martyn
Just Flight Ltd
Martyn View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff
Development Manager

Answer Answer
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2015 at 1:24pm
The F27 Friendship service pack is now available: http://www.justflight.com/support/fokker-f27-friendship/dba9633
Martyn
Just Flight Ltd
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic