This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > Tornado GR1
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Very high VAS usage - OOM

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AG Nex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Very high VAS usage - OOM
    Posted: 26 Jun 2015 at 7:28pm
Hi,

I had big hopes for the Tornado and I really love the plane.

The FPS are not my main problem. I have a very powerful PC which very likely compensates a lot.

The huge problem I have is VAS usage. I need to disable and turn down a lot of settings to be able to run the plane. With my normal configuration I run out of VAS within minutes.

I did some quick VAS testing with my default settings at EDDN. Numbers are taken on ground right after loading into the sim. Doing 2 full spinns in the VC and waiting 2min to let the VAS usage settle. Here the results:

Nemeth Designs BO-105   1,7GB free VAS
Lotus Sim L-39C   1,67GB free VAS
A2A Comanche   1,31GB free VAS
PMDG 737NGX   1,22GB free VAS
Aerosoft F14B   1,09GB free VAS
JustFlight Tornado GR1   0,7GB free VAS

As you can see the Tornados eats around 400MB more than the F14 which already was hard on VAS. I would be happy with at least 500MB less VAS usage which would make the plane usable.

I'm running P3D 2.5 and Windows 8.1 Pro if that matters. VC textures are set to 1024px, back cockpit is disabled via config.

I hope something can be done about VAS usage, otherwise the plane looks really nice.

Cheers
Andreas
Pip B View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pip B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2015 at 8:16pm
Just out of interest, how powerful is your PC, it would be interesting to hear what spec is required to  the Tornado is actually running  properly Smile

AG Nex View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AG Nex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2015 at 8:54pm
NP here we go:

i7 4930k @4,4 Ghz  6 Cores / 12 Threads
Asus Rampage IV Black Edition Mainboard
32GB DDR3 RAM 1600Mhz Quad Channel
2x 256GB Samsung 840 Pro SSD Raid 0  1GB/s read/write
128GB Cruical M4 SSD + 3TB HDD 7200rpm  SSD cached
2x 3TB HDD
2x Gigabyte G1 GTX 980 SLI @ 1,4 Ghz boost clock

Scenery is split to several HDD for better reads. Sim + planes are on SSD Raid.

The reason I run such a beast are my monitors:

3x Asus ROG Swift, G-Sync, Nvidia Surround, 7830x1440 pixels

I get fps in the range of 25-30 with dips into the 20.

I tweaked my sim for exactly this range which is perfect with G-Sync. The Tornado seems a bit more stuttery but luckily not as bad as for other people.

Martyn View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff
Development Manager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Martyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2015 at 9:44pm
Hi Andreas,

We will look into this issue in parallel to investigating the performance issue. If you haven't already done so, please submit a ticket to the support team.

Thanks
Martyn - JF

Martyn
Just Flight Ltd
AG Nex View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AG Nex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2015 at 11:20pm
Done.

Will try the hotfix and dig into the Tornado a bit more this weekend. Keep up the good work!
triplemurray View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote triplemurray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2015 at 11:06pm
I had similar problems when I first tried mine out. Seemed to be using nearly 1gb more VAS when this aircraft was loaded in.  The hotfix did bring this down a little bit but not by much. I also had to lower most of my other settings and disable most world scenery to stop FSX crashing as soon as it had loaded into free flight.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic