This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > F27 Friendship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

HPC axis?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flyer10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: HPC axis?
    Posted: 21 Jun 2015 at 9:21am
Is this assigned to an FSX/P3D control axis?

It would have made sense to assign them to prop or mixture so people with throttles can use them to control the levers but instead JF made prop/mixture active even though they arent in the real plane.

Has anyone managed to assign the HPC lever to an axis?
SKSUK View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SKSUK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2016 at 1:13pm
Hiya

I've just purchased the F27 and come across the exact same issue.
As the HPC isn't an 'axis', its really 4 separate 'buttons'

I think the only way to do is it is to assign the 4 separate settings to 4 separate buttons (I'm going to try using FSUIPC to assign against 4 buttons on my Saitek Controller). Have no idea what FSUIPC function to use for the Prop lock though.. not sure there is one!

Hopefully the JF guys can cast some light on both our questions..

Regards
Martyn View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff
Development Manager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Martyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2016 at 9:18am
Unfortunately the HPC levers are 'custom-coded' and the developer didn't provide a means of controlling them using another axis (e.g. mixture or prop), so I don't believe that they can be controlled using a keyboard or joystick assignment.
Martyn
Just Flight Ltd
SKSUK View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SKSUK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2016 at 9:25pm
Thanks for the update Martyn
That explains why I can't seem to get it working with FSUIPC at all.
Anthony View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anthony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2017 at 10:13pm
Hi Martyn,

I decided to look up previous posts before submitting a new query on this very issue.  So am I correct to assume that the only way to operate the HPC levers is to drag them with the mouse?

Does this mean that I have to be extremely precise with the mouse to position each of the two HPC levers exactly the same in order to ensure that both engines are operating with identical power (torque?).  Or is it only necessary to position the levers within the four distinctive zones?  I hope I've explained my question clearly.

Regards,

Tony

Regards,

Tony
ThomasAH View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThomasAH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2017 at 10:47pm
I just took a very quick look at the code:
There are local variables (L:f27_leftHP_lever,number) and (L:f27_rightHP_lever,number) with values from 0 to 100 corresponding to the position of the levers.

From these values the local variables (L:f27_lefthp_position,number) and (L:f27_righthp_position,number) are set to a distinct value from 0 to 3, corresponding to the 4 available settings:
0: Lock out
1: H.P Cock open
2: H.P Cock closed
3: Feather

So the exact position does not matter. And maybe it is even possible to set L:f27_leftHP_lever and L:f27_rightHP_lever, e.g. using FSUIPC, to set the four conditions, but maybe this would not affect the display of the levers in the virtual cockpit. And I did not try if this really works.
Anthony View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anthony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2017 at 8:54pm
Hi Thomas,

Delighted to see your reply as my post seemed to have timed out yesterday so didn't think it actually got posted.  I don't have the paid version of FSUIPC as I don't need it .  So, I don't mind moving the levers with the mouse as long as the lever positions only need to be somewhere in the four zones, which is good to know.

Also, because I didn't think this post went through I did another one, so if you see that you can ignore it!

Regards,

Tony

Regards,

Tony
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic