This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > Flying Club
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tomahawk & FSX:SE problem. FIXED!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RickBrown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tomahawk & FSX:SE problem. FIXED!
    Posted: 07 Jun 2015 at 8:47am
Chaps.
I've been using the Flying Club 2 Tomahawk for years on FS2004 and FSX with no problems.
But it doesn't seem happy on FSX:SE, glass, blurred panel/dial texture problems:

2D cockpit and all external views are fine, as are the other Flying Club 2 Aircraft.
This was installed and updated to the latest SP at install.
Any suggestions?

Cheers,
Rick.

RickBrown View Drop Down
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RickBrown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2015 at 8:57am
Another shot:

Rick.
MadRobbie1 View Drop Down
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MadRobbie1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2015 at 12:00pm
Hi Rick,

That looks pretty nasty I've got the Duchess and the Seneca and they seem quite happy in FSX:SE.

I had an odd cockpit glass reflection issue with the Battle of Britain Hurricane from JF despite the fact that the Me109 and Spitfire were perfect - I cured that by deleting one of the files in the main texture folder for the Hurricane, but the exact file name and type escapes me right now (sorry, not much help I know!).

All I can suggest is for now:

Make sure you're not running with Preview DirectX 10 ticked in FSX settings.
Also check that you've got High Resolution 3D cockpit ticked under aircraft graphic settings.
If you feel brave enough try temporarily removing texture files for anything that may hint at it being for canopy glass (just remove from the folder rather than delete permanently so you can replace them easily).
Lastly, put a support ticket into JustFlight and include those sreenshots. JF does warn that support isn't active in these forums so you do need to contact them directly for assistance.

Oh - and I guess last of last of all if you love the Tomahawk II, you may want to consider looking at the Alabeo Tomahawk as an alternative. I know it means purchasing another aircraft, but she is a beauty.

Sorry I can't be of more help - let us know how you get on!

Cheers!
Rob

RickBrown View Drop Down
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RickBrown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2015 at 12:40pm
Cheers Rob.
I was hoping for a quick fix, but looks like like I'll dive in.
I've already done the basics like DX10 etc.
I've run some of the textures through DXTBmp and modded a few, with no luck so far.
I'm pretty familiar with the inside of FSX, so know which way I'll head.

I have the Alabeo Tomahawk, but what I like about the FC2 one is its use as a tool for scenery design.
It's dead easy to fly circuits and bumps and is frame rate friendly with good all-round visibility.
I'll have a play later and send off a ticket if I fail.
Cheers.
Rick.

NicholasSoares View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NicholasSoares Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2015 at 4:43am
Your problem is strange here is normal, please contact me via PM so you can help you with it Thumbs Up
RickBrown View Drop Down
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RickBrown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2015 at 6:37am
Chaps.
Eureka!
We have success!
I re-installed FCX again last night, but I found that the un-installer left the texture folders behind.
So these were manually removed.
I then ran CCleaner. This removed a few other FCX related items.
The pc was restarted and FCX was installed via disk. 
FSX was run and all the FCX aircraft were tested and found to be fine.
I then ran the update.
All aircraft were retested and found to fine!
I'm not sure what happened on the first install/reinstall, but it's now working correctly.

Rick.
Phil Bridge View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Phil Bridge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2015 at 8:09pm
Rick,
I had this sort of problem too, and it was due to using AeroSelectX. I had to reinstall FCX. So, instead of using AeroSelectX, I made any changes to fuel and payload within FSX itself, in the usual manner.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic