This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Chat > Just Chat - General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

There was no global warming pause!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartinW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2015 at 12:11pm
Don't talk to me about trees. I looked at house for sale recently. Huge Elm tree a few metres away from the house. Nice house too. Shame.   
Flyer10 View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flyer10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2015 at 11:10am
Originally posted by MartinW MartinW wrote:

Theoretically, in the long term, the UK could too. I look at it as global energy increase as opposed to global warming. That includes energy that goes into weather systems. If sometime in the future the Atlantic Conveyor switched off.... very chilly hear in the UK.

Looks like there's a possibility we may have a maunder minimum on the way. In which case it certainly will get a bit chilly in the UK. Not enough to counter MMGW though.

I know what you mean, no matter how much evidence you show the deniers, they will never be convinced. They would rather believe Bob the weather guy on his website with no scientific credentials is right and scientists with PhD's are all wrong.

That's where I live, from what I've read, the melting ice will drastically cool the north sea which will affect our temperatures.

I don't argue with them, especially the republicans who think its some kind of conspiracy so make them pay 1% more tax. Mind you they think health care for all is bad and there's a big fairy in the sky! LOL

I used to be the type who said "why should I care, I'll be dead by the time it happens" when I was a teenager, then I grew up. I don't even have any kids either.
MartinW View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartinW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2015 at 1:18pm

I bet the recent Supreme Court ruling on same sex marriage is really winding them up isn't it?   

Perhaps we need to remind them it's not compulsory.
MartinW View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartinW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2015 at 9:38am
Here's something shocking for you...

Exon scientist knew climate change was a reality way back in 1981, that's 7 years before it became public knowledge... so they funded climate change deniers for 27 more years!!!

Exxon knew of climate change in 1981, email says – but it funded deniers for 27 more years

Quote The email from Exxon’s in-house climate expert provides evidence the company was aware of the connection between fossil fuels and climate change, and the potential for carbon-cutting regulations that could hurt its bottom line, over a generation ago – factoring that knowledge into its decision about an enormous gas field in south-east Asia. The field, off the coast of Indonesia, would have been the single largest source of global warming pollution at the time.

“Exxon first got interested in climate change in 1981 because it was seeking to develop the Natuna gas field off Indonesia,” Lenny Bernstein, a 30-year industry veteran and Exxon’s former in-house climate expert, wrote in the email. “This is an immense reserve of natural gas, but it is 70% CO2”, or carbon dioxide, the main driver of climate change.

However, Exxon’s public position was marked by continued refusal to acknowledge the dangers of climate change, even in response to appeals from the Rockefellers, its founding family, and its continued financial support for climate denial. Over the years, Exxon spent more than $30m on thinktanks and researchers that promoted climate denial, according to Greenpeace.

“What it shows is that Exxon knew years earlier than James Hansen’s testimony to Congress that climate change was a reality; that it accepted the reality, instead of denying the reality as they have done publicly, and to such an extent that it took it into account in their decision making, in making their economic calculation,” the director of the Institute, Alyssa Bernstein (no relation), told the Guardian.

http://www.theguardian.com/environment/2015/jul/08/exxon-climate-change-1981-climate-denier-funding

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic