This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > L-1011 TriStar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

ABANDONING SHIP, not flyable, too many OOMs

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flycdn89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ABANDONING SHIP, not flyable, too many OOMs
    Posted: 02 Jun 2015 at 10:35am
Hey guys, just a quick stop here, before I head over to Captainsim.

I purchased the pro 1011 a couple of months back, was able to complete my first flight with it EGLL-LFMN.

Trying to fly the return leg (LFMN-EGLL), started receiving OOM errors roughly 10 miles from LHR. Flew the leg about 10x, before trying it with the Aerosoft A321 to make sure there were no scenery conflicts. Sure enough, able to deem the problem as the aircraft.

I mainly bought the aircraft to fly BA routes out of LHR, if I am unable to do that, then I will have to render the plane as useless.

PC is highend, have no other issues running any other high quality aircrafs in/out of Heathrow.

I wasted almost $60 CAD for this thing. I don't see myself getting a refund for this product anytime soon, as from what I understand, they do not refund downloads...

After asking around, I have had a few other pilots HIGHLY recommend the CS version to me. I was debating getting the Captainsim version prior to purchasing the JF version, I guess I just didn't do enough research at the time, and eager to fly this classic airliner.

I will hand to JF although, the model is very ascetically pleasing, minus the cockpit lighting.

Aircraft systems are still lacking quite significantly. Despite having the pro version.

Reading through some of the tech forums, I have discovered lately that OOM issues have been common with other users aswell. Due to the lack of any news regarding an update (or even a solution for that matter), this one is forcing me to leave (yet another) aircraft in the hanger.

Was also considering purchasing the DC-8 for a while, but to put into simpler terms,

crisis averted...

http://www.captainsim.com/products/l011/
sundowner View Drop Down
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sundowner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2015 at 8:22pm
Hi flycdn
The Lockheed Tristar should not have been launched by Just Flight like many other aircraft of J/F despite the excellent marketing/sales launch on the website. Not possible to land this aircraft manually with more than 22 degrees flaps. Obviously a design problem. I have 4000 hours as a real time pilot and I can assure you aircraft do not fly like this.
As you stated research and more research before purchasing a J/F product is crucial.. The DC - 8 is a big no - no  do your research , so is the Viscount , B737 Professional etc. As I have stated in numerous posts, I cannot believe that these products are still for sale without "patches".  
Where is the pride  (never mind legislation) of the "distributor" J/F, or is it all about making a quick "bug"?
The best product on the market so far by far is PMDG. They also have little "bugs" but it  is not essential to the flying aspect or systems of the a/c. For example if you replay a landing on external view  the aircraft replay does not reccognise the a/c visuals i. e. flaps setting, spoilers , sound etc, but this are minor issues.
Their virtual cockpit scenario , applicabillity on PMDG  is also the only product so far which I will reccomend for what it is worth.
The clients all over the world  that buy these a/c from JF are sincere about Flightsim flying .Sad to see how everyone are dissappointed about the lack of quality and dedication from them.
Regards
Sundowner. 

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic