This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > Traffic 360
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Only some of Custom traffic appears.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote codee66 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Only some of Custom traffic appears.
    Posted: 02 Jun 2015 at 2:52am
I've been creating my own flight plans for some time now, kind of creating a virtual airline. I've added over 50 flights to one airport using this airline, even adding extra gate space to the airport using ADE.  During the last few weeks I've noticed that none of my newer flight plans I've added have been appearing, only about the first 10-12 flights I created, and none of them are planes I added into T360. I've tried deleting my .bgl file and recompiling it multiple times to see if any new flights would appear, but it's always the same ones. How do I fix this?
And on a side note, is it possible to reduce the number of flights for one specific airline using Traffic 360? It seems the program keeps "spawning" a ridiculous amount of one airline, even though it is a real life hub for that airline, they don't up as much space as J360 is giving them.
freddy View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote freddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2015 at 4:18am
Questions:

1. You say that the first 10-12 flights that you created do appear. Are you definitely sure those are YOUR flight plans, that YOU created, and not ones that were already there previously?

2. You say none of those first 10-12 are planes that you added. So that would mean they are planes that were already in Traffic 360? Yes?

3. If you added planes in to Traffic 360, can you confirm that you are indeed seeing those in Traffic 360, and that you can select those planes for the adding in of new flight plans?

4. You say you added extra gate space to the airport using ADE. If those spaces (parking spots) are small radius, but the planes you're trying to add all have large wing spans, then the large wing span planes will not appear. Ergo, are the parking spots that you added LARGE ENOUGH for these planes? And, are the parking spots that were ALREADY at that airport, large enough for these planes?

5. Do the planes have specific parking codes in their respective aircraft.cfg file? If they do, then, as well as being the correct radius size, the parking spots at the airport must also be set with (matching) parking codes for those planes to park there.

6. Do the planes have specific parking types (ie, RAMP, GATE, CARGO, MILITARY) in their respective aircraft.cfg file? If they do, then, as well as being the correct radius size, and being set with matching parking codes, the parking spots at the airport must also be the correct type. Planes that have GATE as a parking type in their aircraft.cfg file will only park at parking spots that are set as GATE. Planes that have RAMP as a parking type in their aircraft.cfg file will only park at parking spots that are set as RAMP. And so on. If multiple parking type values are listed in the plane's aircraft.cfg file, then they must be separated by commas, with no spaces ... and preference will be given in the order in which those types are listed (for example, GATE,RAMP,CARGO).

7. Are your FSX airline and GA traffic slider settings up high enough? Perhaps your slider settings are set low and therefore you're not seeing (all) the planes. When doing flight plan work, and checking to see if your planes appear, it is always a good idea to set the respective FSX traffic slider (airline or GA) to 100%. This will guarantee that if you've done everything correctly, and your compile worked OK, then you WILL definitely see your plane.   When you're done, you then set the slider(s) back down to your usual value(s) and recheck again to see if your plane(s) still appear. The compiler does add a random traffic percentage number to each one of planes in your flight plans, and sometimes this number is low meaning that it might be under the traffic percentage value that your FSX is set to ... meaning you won't see this plane.

8. When you compile, Traffic 360 creates a LOG file. You'll find it in the "...\Presets\Data\Schedules\Compiler" folder. You can open the LOG file in Notepad. Are there any ERRORS in the LOG file that might give you some additional clues as to why those planes are not appearing?

codee66 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote codee66 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2015 at 7:01am
1. Yes. The first ~10 flights that do appear are ones that I have added. The airline I'm recreating, ATA went out of business in 2008, so are not in the JF defualt traffic I use, and the Flight numbers, times, and destinations are all exactly as I created them.

2.  Yes. The first set of flight plans were created about 2 months ago using only the ATA liveries that came with Just flight. I did not add any new flights for about a month and a half. When I started adding more flights using ATA, I added my entire fleet that is included in my FSX/Simobjects/Airplanes folder, which included a DC-10 and an a340 in ATA colors. From that point on I used a combination of those 2 extra ATA planes, as well as the ones packaged in Traffic 360. None of the flight plans I create after adding the new planes appear in FSX, nor on Super Traffic Board.

3. Yes, I am able to select the new aircraft, as well as any other aircraft in my library when I am creating new flight plans.

4. Yes, The airport I use and edited are KSEA. The flights that do appear, use both the defualt and the new gates I added. And existing airlines like Alaska appear in those gates. Alaska and Horizon are the airlines I would like to edit down their exisitng flight plans, as they overwhelm the airport. When I completely deselected Horizon (QZ) from the screen where you select what flight plans you want to compile, Alaska then takes up about 90% of the gate space at the airport, when in reality, between Alaska and Horizon (same company) they make up 51% of the airport.

5. Yes, the ATA parking code is TZ. All the aircraft I use have that parking code, and all of the gates I added, as well as some defualt gates have TZ as one of their airline codes.

6. The A340 I added did NOT have any Parking Space in its CFG file. Not even a blank line for it. I added it in to the .CFG and saved it.  I'll quickly recompile my flight plans, and see if maybe the A340 was somehow holding up all of the flight plans behind it as well. I'll edit my post as soon I test it out.
*edit* Did not work.

7. I usually set the slider to 55%. Setting it to 100%, I was able to see all of the first 18 flights I added scheduled somewhere on Super Traffic board, up until I add the flight plan with the A340. This seems to be the cuase of the issue, and I hope I don't have to remove it to fix this issue. No flight plans after the A340 work, or have ever worked.

8.  The log file has a MASSIVE list of errors, however, they all look like they are the defaut JustFlight AI, not the ones I created. (EG) C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\JustFlight\Traffic360\TrafficControlCentre\Presets\Data\Schedules\compiler\Schedules.dat(8932) : error: Flight from KPSC to KDEN requires at least 1.64 hours for JFAI_CRJ_OO_g2
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\JustFlight\Traffic360\TrafficControlCentre\Presets\Data\Schedules\compiler\Schedules.dat(9001) : error: Departure and destination must be different: SBNT
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\JustFlight\Traffic360\TrafficControlCentre\Presets\Data\Schedules\compiler\Schedules.dat(9018) : error: Departure and destination must be different: LFPG
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\JustFlight\Traffic360\TrafficControlCentre\Presets\Data\Schedules\compiler\Schedules.dat(9075) : error: Departure and destination must be different: LEBL
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\JustFlight\Traffic360\TrafficControlCentre\Presets\Data\Schedules\compiler\Schedules.dat(9097) : error: Departure and destination must be different: ZGKL
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\JustFlight\Traffic360\TrafficControlCentre\Presets\Data\Schedules\compiler\Schedules.dat(10201) : error: Departure and destination must be different: EYVI
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\JustFlight\Traffic360\TrafficControlCentre\Presets\Data\Schedules\compiler\Schedules.dat(10726) : error: Departure and destination must be different: MMTG

That is just one small section of that file as well..

Added detail, the A340 is the Thomas Ruth A340-600 with a fictional repaint
codee66 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote codee66 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2015 at 7:52am
Seem to have fixed it... And I feel dumb.... On the new flight plans I'd added I did not add "Flight Rules".. Sheesh. Whoops.So now I am able to see my A340, as well as one of the QualityWings 757s I added, they just don't want to park in the gates I added to KSEA. The only parking code I put on those gates is TZ, and it seems every other airline but ATA(parking code is TZ) will use them, they only use the default KSEA gates, or ramps. They are all Medium and Large gates, with plenty of room.
Still only a few of the newer flight plans are getting into FSX though, even with a high slider setting. 85%.
RayM View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RayM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2015 at 9:27am
American Trans Air - TZ is the IATA code for this airline. Normally, the parking code for this airline is "AMT".
So, in your aircraft.cfg files for ATA aircraft there should be a line -

"atc_parking_codes=AMT"

and the parking spots at the airport should be coded "AMT" also.

Just a thought.

Edit -

looking thru my Traffic360 installation (I don't use it as I have put too much work into Traffic X to move on to 360!), I see that the B737-800 in American Trans Air livery is coded "AAL" for parking (in the aircraft.cfg file), which means they will park with Merican (sic American) Airlines aircraft.
Also, looking at the Traffic360 airport layout for KSEA, there are no parking spots coded "AMT" but some for "AAL".

So, as I see it, you need to choose which path you take to sort out how your ATA aircraft will park at KSEA. Good luck!
A long time FSXA and Traffic X user
codee66 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote codee66 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2015 at 7:19pm
Ahhh, alright. Thanks. I edited some of the original gate codes using ADE for TZ, and all of my new gates with TZ, but I didn't put AMT in any of them. I'll add those codes in. Thanks!
codee66 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote codee66 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2015 at 8:37pm
I got it. 
Now, I read somewhere that the compiler assigns a random value to the percent of flight plans it actually puts into the sim, so is there a way for me to make sure 100% of my flights I added will be seen? As it is now, at 100% FSX sliders, I'm seeing alot of them, just  not all of them. 
RayM View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RayM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2015 at 9:20am
Yes, Traffic 360 (like Traffic X before it) adds a random percent value to each aircraft schedule during the compile. I presume it was added to ensure that each time the compilation takes place, you will get a 'different' set of aircraft appearing at the airports (assuming that you are not set at 100% in FSX).
As I have said in these forums before, if I want any of my schedules to appear ALL of the time, I use AIFPC (a freeware scheduling program). I have recently started using AIFP (a similar freeware program but with an intuitive interface) to create my schedules and compile to BGL. FSX will read in loads of traffic BGL's so this is not a problem.
Perhaps you could try going down this route?
freddy View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote freddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2015 at 10:13am
Wow, a few posts have appeared in this thread since I posted my response yesterday. I see you are working through the issues and you ARE getting results. Nice suggestions and a few things to note from Ray too. Careful though, if you get things to work and begin to gain an understanding of how the AI operates, including all of its (sometimes subtle) idiosyncrasies, then you'll soon end up hooked and won't be able to stop yourself. At least, that was (is) my experience. We all know we can sometimes spend more time adding and editing stuff in FSX, rather than actually FLYING in FSX. But, hey, it's all just another part of the fun/hobby!

A comment on your LOG file and its "MASSIVE" list of errors ... yes, that is normal. Most of the things are merely WARNINGS and can be ignored. And, there's usually plenty of ERRORS, even with the default flight plans. Those are usually due departure and destination airport issues, or no available parking spots (not enough at the airport, or the parking spots are too small for that aircraft type), and so on. In other words, yes, even the default flight plans that come with the program have their various issues. Despite these warnings and "default" errors, the LOG file is handy when you are working with YOUR OWN edits and flight plan additions ... I usually do a search for the word "error" and then check if any of the errors relate to the work I am doing at MY airports with MY planes.

codee66 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote codee66 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2015 at 9:11pm
So if I'm using AIFPC I take the .BGL file that Traffic360 creates and recompile it using AIFPC?
Not quite sure how to use that software. The ReadMe was not very helpful.
And ok, that's good Freddy. Glad that Log is supposed to be like that, haha.
RayM View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RayM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2015 at 4:59pm
AIFPC and AIFP are different pieces of software.
The older AIFPC requires that you create a file of flightplans in a text file (using something like Windows Notepad). Along with this file, you need to create 2 extra files containing lists of 'aircraft' and 'airfields' that are required in the 'flightplans' file. Then you compile to a bgl file that you add to FSX.
AIFP should be easier to use as it has a better on-screen editor for doing all of the same things (not yet got the hang of it myself yet).

For aircraft that I want to appear at all times, I leave the Traffic X (or 360) file alone and use AIFPC to create an entirely separate BGL file and add that to FSX.

In theory you could use AIFP to open the Traffic X/360 BGL file and edit the "PERCENT" values of the particular flights you are interested in and re-compile. But doing it this way would mean going thru this procedure EVERY time you compile from Traffic X/360 - which I suspect you would not want to do!
codee66 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote codee66 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2015 at 6:11am
Sorry for being kind of dumb about this, but for doing the AIFPC method, I creat one .txt file "FlightPlan" that has all of the information such as aircraft, route, leg times, etc. And then another that has all the IATA airport codes of the airports in the flight plans, and another with all the aircraft? I'm assuming the aircraft needs file location? And then does it get compiled through AIFPC as one .BGL file? Is that right? Sorry, kinda difficult to grasp.
RayM View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RayM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2015 at 4:59pm
Using AIFPC - 3 files are required, in the following formats -

aircraft.txt -

AC#12,348,"JFAI_TX_TornadoF3_56SQN_RAF"
AC#13,506,"JFAI_TX_AWACS_Royal_Air_Force"
AC#14,426,"JFAI_TX_B146mil_32Sqn_RAF_1"

airports.txt -

EGHH,N50* 46.8',W1* 50.55',36
EGLF,N51* 16.55',W0* 46.58',236
EGMH,N51* 20.53',E1* 20.77',177

flightplans.txt -

AC#12,XM730,40%,24h,IFR,07:30,08:21,290,F,7351,EBFS,09:13,10:04,290,F,7351,EGYD.......
AC#13,ZA241,40%,24h,VFR,08:48,09:18,75,R,0,EGDL,10:05,10:17,75,R,0,EGVA........
AC#24,ZA248,40%,24h,VFR,09:20,10:31,80,R,0,EGDG,11:35,12:46,80,R,0,EGLF........
[note - all times must be in UTC]

Obviously, 'aircraft.txt' must contain the aircraft called up in 'flightplans.txt'. Similarly, 'airports.txt' must contain the airports called up in 'flightplans.txt'.

What I have done is use AIFPC to de-compile my Traffic X main BGL file to 3 files with the above names. This gives you 'aircraft.txt' and 'airports.txt' which should contain most of the aircraft and airports that exist in your FSX installation.
So all you have to do then is create a 'flightplans.txt' of your own and use AIFPC to compile this, with the other 2 files, into a new file "Traffic.bgl".

Tricky to start with but, with perseverance, this method is workable in my opinion.
codee66 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote codee66 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2015 at 8:18pm
Ahhh, I got it. :) Thanks!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic