This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > F-Lite
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Airbus Long Haul - shadow problem exhaust gases
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Airbus Long Haul - shadow problem exhaust gases

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rereverse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Airbus Long Haul - shadow problem exhaust gases
    Posted: 23 Aug 2008 at 3:19pm
Hello,

today I have purchased the Airbus Long Haul Add-on and I am quite satisfied with it. The only problem I currently have is that the shadow of the engine exhaust gases looks quite strange. Does anybody of you know how to solve this problem?
Thanks for advising.

Cheers
rereverse

rereverse View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rereverse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2008 at 2:17pm
Can anybody please tell me how I can upload a screenshot which shows the problem I was talking aboout?

Thanks a lot in advance!

Cheers
rereverse
Antarius View Drop Down
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Antarius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2008 at 4:02pm

Only way to solve it is to turn the engines heat off.

rereverse View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rereverse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2008 at 6:16am
How can I turn off the engine heat?

rereverse
iPlane View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iPlane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2008 at 9:03pm
I have the same problem.
iPlane View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iPlane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2008 at 9:20pm
Originally posted by rereverse rereverse wrote:

Can anybody please tell me how I can upload a screenshot which shows the problem I was talking aboout?

Thanks a lot in advance!

Cheers

rereverse

To upload a screenshot: Take a picture in Flight Sim (I assume FSX) by pressing V. This file will be in My Pictures/Flight Simulator X Files. Upload it to Photobucket or Imageshack or something. Photobucket will give you an image code for forums. Paste that code here.
Sherv_CLS View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sherv_CLS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2008 at 1:36am
Open up the icon panel and click the "HE" button.  This turns the effect off. 
Sherv
iPlane View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iPlane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2008 at 9:26pm
What's the icon panel?
Sherv_CLS View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sherv_CLS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2008 at 11:01pm
Are you using FSX or FS9? 
Sherv
iPlane View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iPlane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2008 at 4:50pm
FSX with Acceleration
Sherv_CLS View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sherv_CLS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2009 at 11:42pm
If you go into the menu for the different instrument panel views ( overhead, radios, etc ), there should be an option for "icons"  select that and you'll see a bunch of buttons appear on your screen.  Hit the " HE" button to turn off the effect.

Sherv
johnsmithfsx View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnsmithfsx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2009 at 1:10am
Does everyone have this problem when using Airbus Collection Long Haul with FSX with Acceleration?
Shenzon View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shenzon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2009 at 7:34am
I don't have Acceleration, but I do have the same visual effect with FSX.  I've always thought it was their way of trying to show engine heat or exhaust.
Windows Vista 64bit
Intel Core i7 920 (8CPU's)2.67Ghz
12Gb Ram
ATI 4870x2 2Gb Ram
hawkhero View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hawkhero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2009 at 5:56pm
I see xxxxx for the heat effect. I wish they would fix it.
SkyFly View Drop Down
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SkyFly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2009 at 6:47pm
Yeah the best advice is to turn off the HE effect. Even when it works I am not a fan of it, mainly because of the shadows it causes on the ground.
johnsmithfsx View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnsmithfsx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2009 at 7:02pm
Oh. How do you do that? Embarrassed
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic