This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > F27 Friendship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Engine throttle problem

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldJ3pilot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Engine throttle problem
    Posted: 22 May 2015 at 11:58am
Engine start procedure is followed exactly but once started, the throttle has no control of the starboard engine. It runs up into the red zone. Throttle moves normally but has no effect on the engine. Port throttle works as it should. The "Max RPM" switches are off for both engines. start switch is "Safe", and engine selectors are "Off".
Restart of stbd engine in-flight but it still increases power/RPM into the red. Throttle lever moves normally and Lockout is set.
Any help appreciated
Sidious78 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sidious78 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2015 at 8:55pm
There is another thread in the general discussions releated to this, but it wasn't moved to this sub-forum.

Since the devs are reading this, I feel like posting some stuff on this in the hope they will fix and improve this to make the f.27 a 10/10.

Engine start:
- Like any turboprop/turbojet, the engines are started either with bleed air or start-engines (like on the f.27). Hence, the proper hp-cock setting when starting engines is FUEL SHUT.
- Fuel is opened  @1500-1800 rpm.
- The engines will then spool SLOWLY until they reach idle, not go crazy and spool up into the red.
- Ignition light should go out @4500 rpm.
- HP Cock should be set to lockout when exhaust-temp reaches 700 C.

You can see the startup with explaination from a real F-27 here (@4:50):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BmKNjGO7d0k

In flight shutdown/startup. This is a Ansett F.27 shutting down the starboard engine and relighting it in-flight, for educational purposes (@3.30):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aJIP1PqZwes

A couple of comments/wishes from me:
- The lack of a synchroniser on the panel is odd, most f.27s had one. I believe the one in the film is a 100.
- Fuel shut-off handles in the fire panel are NOT linked with the HP-cocks. As are the feather buttons. They are override handles.

The freeware F-27 for FS9 by F. Mckay got this all right. Why aim lower? That manual is practically a treatise on the f.27 systems.

gyps View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gyps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2015 at 5:45pm
I got exactly the same problem

one engine goes to max and says there
other works fine
gyps View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gyps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2015 at 7:34pm
tried it again and it was fine this time ?????

seems to be tempermental
Bart Reurts View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bart Reurts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2015 at 8:01pm
With SHIFT + E the engines start normal without the running wild in the red zone .
Not realistic but it saves the running wild sounds .
Disapprove
sampa View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sampa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2015 at 3:01pm
I had the same thing happen after I shut down the left engine in flight to see how it handles with one out. When I restarted the left engine it went to max and stayed there, so I shut it down again and landed on one engine.

TTFN
gyps View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gyps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2015 at 6:44pm
right think I've found what causes the problem

when you pull the yellow lever off lock watch the lights it fine on left it says open just as the light goes out

but the right come back much further before you get an open, so use the light and pull back till it just goes out have tried this loads now and worked fine so far

if it work or not post result might help others if this is the solution
gyps View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gyps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2015 at 4:09pm
using the blue lights to set the levers cured this for me and works fine every time now
Bart Reurts View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bart Reurts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2015 at 9:21am
The first start works 
It is not by the book , but it seems to work fine .
Only the RPM gauge goes in the red for a 3 seconds and then return to normal .
The sound stays normal 

But when i shut down , and i restart in the same flight sesion , the engines turn high again 

Only shutting the engines down again and restart with  CTRL + E workes than to let the engines start and run fine , every time in the same flight sesion .

Using CTRL+E let the engine RPM not spool up above the bigin of the green arc 

Confused
oldJ3pilot View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldJ3pilot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2015 at 8:18pm
Quote Engine start:
- Like any turboprop/turbojet, the engines are started either with bleed air or start-engines (like on the f.27). Hence, the proper hp-cock setting when starting engines is FUEL SHUT.
- Fuel is opened  @1500-1800 rpm.
- The engines will then spool SLOWLY until they reach idle, not go crazy and spool up into the red.
- Ignition light should go out @4500 rpm.
- HP Cock should be set to lockout when exhaust-temp reaches 700 C.

I agree completely with sidious, particularly about fuel "off" for start sequence./
Unfortunately non of the procedures work for me. If the stbd engine runs up out of range on the first attempt then it will not start properlyunless the plane is reloaded (and that may not work either)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic