This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > F27 Friendship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Glider F-27

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yankeeromeo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Glider F-27
    Posted: 18 May 2015 at 8:17am
Hello Folks,
Need to know if you experience the same;
This Fokker is floating way too much on landing, full flaps and power off, he can take "hours" before touching down the runwayOuch
Thanks in advance.
Beer
flyforever View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flyforever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2015 at 2:07pm
Yes, it does have a tendency to float before touchdown. I need to keep the speed close to stalling in order to land it where I want it to.tony
FV
Bart Reurts View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bart Reurts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2015 at 7:33pm
The real F27 did land with a steep nose down , instead of a nose up and gliding down .
So it looks normal to me that you pull just a little nose up , before touch down .
If jou pull to much , , jou get stuck on the ground effect , ( a.k.a. ballooning ) and that is very dangerous because you run out of runway very quick .
yankeeromeo View Drop Down
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yankeeromeo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2015 at 6:51am
Hello,
Thanks for clarifying, i will use definitely the "nose down" approach since now.
Clap
Bart Reurts View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bart Reurts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2015 at 7:18pm
Here a nice video from a F27 landing .
You can see what i mean with a nose down approach , and flare on the last second .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VTr2hBhcvs0

Happy landings 

BartThumbs Up
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic