This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > F27 Friendship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Noted Items and Suggestions

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote High Iron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Noted Items and Suggestions
    Posted: 16 May 2015 at 8:40pm
Like most here on the forum, I'm glad to see a release of the Fokker F-27 Friendship.

I have used the aircraft for about 4 hours and have noted some things that are either in need of fixing or would make the aircraft a more pleasant experience.

- Using the autopilot, the aircraft will only seem to hold +/- 100 feet of whole 1,000 foot altitudes. If I want to hold 16,000' the autopilot will only hold 15,900' or 16,100' but not 16,000'.
- This aircraft needs a Nav2 DME readout that is visible from the left seat. Since this aircraft is a VOR to VOR aircraft, knowing the Nav2 DME is essential for switchover points, without having to constantly change the autopilot modes between HDG and NAV function to see distance to the next station.
- Tool tips only show the active frequency set into the NAV1/NAV2 receivers. Trying to set the frequencies is very difficult when from various positions you can not see the standby frequency being dialed in. Tool tips should be displaying what I'm trying to dial in.
- There needs to be a way to hide or raise the right armrest on the Captains seat. It blocks critical switches on the autopilot as well as the fuel trimming switches.
- The aircraft creeps forward and turns when the engines are being started, regardless of the brakes, parking brake or wheel chocks being applied. It can put the aircraft into other objects.
- In "airspeed hold" mode on the autopilot, the throttles are being controlled by the autopilot to maintain airspeed. This aircraft never had auto-throttle.
- The "Attitude/Airspeed Hold" selector switch needs to be more intuitive. Perhaps using the mouse scroll wheel to rotate the knob between the two setting rather than double left or right clicking. It was very confusing to figure how to get the two modes turned on and off. At one point both modes were on, which should be impossible.

Cheers
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic