This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > 757 Jetliner
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

757 Freemium Fuel Imbalance

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alguti2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 757 Freemium Fuel Imbalance
    Posted: 15 May 2015 at 3:26am
I've been having problems with my favorite aircraft: the 757-300. For some reason, the left fuel tank empties faster than the right one, creating an imbalance. Following normal procedure to correct this, I open the x-feed valves and pump, then turn off the pump of the left pump. According to the 757 manual, this should cause the left engine to be feed from the right tank. So, it should stay on. 

However, as soon as I turn off the pump for the left tank, the left engine dies, as if the x-feed valves are just for decoration. Confused

Has anyone run into this issue?
sonaltesse View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sonaltesse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2015 at 4:21pm
Never experienced so far the fuel imbalance as you describe, do you check the fuel levels on the digital numbers on the OVH panel ?

I'm just activating the pumps and xfeed as described in the manual, then I just check the fuel levels L, C, R, the 3 upper digit numbers. Total is lower right, and is Ok too.

What scenario are you using, just to try to reproduce this ?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic