This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > F27 Friendship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Paintkit disappointment

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Melvin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Paintkit disappointment
    Posted: 06 May 2015 at 12:50am
What is listed as a feature of the F27 is " A professional standard paint kit", my interpretation of "professional" certainly is different to Justflight. Yet another aircraft designer has chosen not to include a full fuselage profile in their paintkit to make livery texturing easier for re-painters. I should be thankful though, it's not as bad as other popular manufacturers. 7/10 for the aircraft, 4/10 for the paintkit.
Scotty View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scotty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2015 at 12:55am
Please tell me exactly what your disappointment in the paint kit is aside from the full fuselage point?
Scotty

Just Flight Ltd.
Melvin View Drop Down
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Melvin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2015 at 3:48am
 Hi Scotty,

Thanks for your reply

Files  Friendship_FuseB_t.psd and Friendship_FuseC_t.psd lack fuselage outline definition in the details layer as shown in Friendship_FuseA_t.psd (albeit very basic) -  a rough guideline is provided by the shadowing layers in these files . A more pronounced outline could be provided in Friendship_FuseDright.psd  and Friendship_FuseDrightleft.psd  to allow continuation of the fuselage as a whole.

When  I attempted to construct a full fuselage template and guide layer from the dds livery files included with the F27 - texture.Ansett, the provided  paint kit Friendship_FuseB_t.psd and Friendship_FuseC_t.psd do not align correctly with the dds(converted to psd) files. ie. Friendship_FuseA_t.psd in the paint kit does not align with Friendship_FuseA_t.dds in the texture.Ansett folder, which makes it hard to construct a full fuselage template

In essence, it should not have to be necessary to  add/convert/manipulate files provided in a paint kit to be able to effectively use it. In it's current form, the paint kit is very frustrating and time consuming to use. Then again, I may have missed the whole method of using it.

Perhaps a manual could be included instructing the use of the paint kit as used by the author of the the kit, at the very least a full F27 fuselage template for ease of livery transformation would be appreciated.

Please consider.

luxair_ca View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luxair_ca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2015 at 10:41am
hello there

while i also would like to have a full fuselage paintkit, including a guide on how to do it, i did Experiment a Little bit, and managed to get this within one day.

i am just looking for some advice, as i am experiencîng some Problems with the repaint, where the textures are not always really sharp? any advice on this maybe?

many thanks

Marc
MoPlanes View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MoPlanes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2015 at 8:07pm
I agree on the option of having the wiremesh available to see where all the different parts are. I've been using panelfinder to try and sort out a few details, but this surely is not the easiest way to do it...by far.

Also I'd like to point out 3 bugs that I have encountered so far.

1) the "bulging air-intakes" at the rear end of the fuselage are a little off compared to RL pictures. Maybe not the biggest thing in the world but it is noticable when you have paint/liveries that expose the flaw. Personally I can live with it.

2) the smaller vents (below the bulging air-intakes) are mapped to the same coordinates to the right side of the fuselage. Wouldnt be a problem if the vents had been mirrored in 3-D space. But it's not, one of the vents is further back on the fuselage compared with the other. This causes some serious misalignments in paints because they share the same UV map coordinates.

3) and under the fuselage, the vent roughly same location as the two mentioned in 1) and 2) but on the belly of the fuselage. This one's also UV mapped a bit out of synch with the rest of the fuselage.

Crankpin View Drop Down
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Crankpin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2015 at 11:52pm
Can anyone tell me on which .psd sheet I can find all the antennas, drain masts etc under the fuselage ?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic