This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Chat > Screenshots
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Fokker 27 repaints

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Thomas32 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Fokker 27 repaints
    Posted: 02 May 2015 at 3:54pm
Hello there Smile

I must say I love the recently released Fokker 27. The paintkit was made available yesterday, and I could not resist painting my first two textures. I reworked the original paintkit to make the fuse a bit more "photorealistic".

Here are the first two subjects: two French airlines, Air France flying for the French Post, and Air Alpes.

Hope you'll enjoy those, I will make other textures and release them a bit later ;)

Best regards,
hjcurtis View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hjcurtis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2015 at 4:55pm
Very nice.

Hoping to see a KLu repaint from someone in due course.
A.Fokker View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A.Fokker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2015 at 6:07pm
Very nice repaints.
Where can I get the paintkit?
Best Regards,
A.Fokker
Thomas32 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thomas32 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2015 at 7:12pm
Thanks for the kind words!

The paintkit is available there: http://www.justflight.com/support/fokker-f27-friendship/fd13410

;)
Adamski_NZ View Drop Down
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adamski_NZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2015 at 2:12am
Nice looking repaints, Thomas! Do you have any download links yet?

Adam.
Mickel View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mickel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2015 at 3:45am
They look excellent. The plane does lend itself to the livery artists.

Mike
Adamski_NZ View Drop Down
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adamski_NZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2015 at 4:28am
I just looked at a couple of the .psd files. It's good to see the self-shadows on a separate layer. :-)

Adam.
Thomas32 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thomas32 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2015 at 9:06am
Many thanks Adam and Mike Smile

I'll try to upload both repaints today in the evening or tomorrow Wink

About the paintkit, it is indeed very nice to get a layered one. The toughest was to create a "full fuse" paintkit, but once it is done it makes repainting far easier
luxair_ca View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luxair_ca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2015 at 12:01pm
hi thomas

great repaints , looking Forward to downloading them...

here is mine i did a few days ago..

would you mind sending me your full fuselage paint file? I am desperately looking to find that file...which unfortunately is not provided in the paintkit

My email is Luxairmarc (at) yahoo (dot) com

replace (at) with @ and (dot) with a . ;)

many thanks

Marc

Thomas32 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thomas32 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2015 at 12:05pm
Hello Marc Smile

It is a very nice repaint you did there !
I will be very happy to send you my fuselage master. This makes repaints a lot easier. There still are a few align issues with it, but not too noticeable. I will try to send it to you either today in the evening or tomorrow, as time permits.

I will also make both of my above repaints available soon Smile

Best regards,

Thomas
luxair_ca View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luxair_ca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2015 at 12:07pm
Many thanks for that

Brgds

Marc
TheMan_RJ View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheMan_RJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2015 at 5:21am
Except for "Friendship_FuseC_T.psd" and "Friendship_FuseDLeft_T.psd", joining the rest (A, B, and C) in a single file was very simple. 

The problem was finding out exactly where FuseC ended and FuseDLeft began. I did join all the parts together but found out that joining 2 parts at a time was easier. Everybody has a method, right? Smile

ModelConvertX takes a fairly long time to load the F-27 model in my machine and, since there's a lot of trial and error getting everything perfect, it took me a long time to do. 

The trial and error consisted in some alignment issues between different parts that I found out weren't caused by me. Textures and model don't fit precisely. 

The images below are from the repaint I did. It's an Aloha Airlines F-27-200 flying aboveā€¦ well, Honolulu of course. I still have to deal with the not too good provided alpha channel, IMO, before uploading this somewhere. 

Cheers, 
J.

GustavoAguiar View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GustavoAguiar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2015 at 6:50am
Hey Thomas32, you repaints are amazing!

Can you send me the fullfuse, please? I want make some brazilian repaints for the 27.

My email: gustavomaguiar (at) gmail (dot) com Wink
skydrew69 View Drop Down
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skydrew69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2015 at 10:35pm
Fantastic!! Would you consider the later Air UK livery (white with 3 blue stripes and union flag on tail)?

Best regards!
Bart Reurts View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bart Reurts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2015 at 6:25pm
Nice repaints , are they uploaded yet ? ant were ?
Tongue
Thomas32 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Thomas32 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2015 at 2:37pm
Hi Skydrew69, I love that AirUk livery, but i fear i'll lack the time to repaint it Cry
Bart, the Air France - La Poste and Air Alpes repaints have just been uploaded to Avsim, they should be online in the next few hours ;)
Bart Reurts View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bart Reurts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2015 at 5:57pm
Good , i will put the link on the "REPAINTS TO SHARE "topic Handshake
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic