This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > L-1011 TriStar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Parking brake not working

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gothan555 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Parking brake not working
    Posted: 15 Apr 2015 at 12:01pm
Hi guys,

I'm having a problem with the parking brake.
It looks like the FSX command : Ctrl + ; is not working with this aircraft.
In the manual, it says to set the parking brake from the throttle panel, I can hear the sound but nothing happens with the brakes, they just don't set.

Any idea, that would help to fly virtual airlines.

Thanks

Bertrand
BobKay View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BobKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2015 at 1:37pm
I thought the park command was Ctrl + . not Ctrl + ;

gothan555 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gothan555 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2015 at 1:08pm
Yes, sorry, this is what I meant.
But anyway, it doen't work
MadRobbie1 View Drop Down
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MadRobbie1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2015 at 6:51pm
Hi,

What version of the L-1011 are you using - the original release or the Professional edition?

I'm using the original version with default FSX key command - parking brake works ok in the virtual cockpit, by using the keyboard directly and by assigning a switch on my controller.

Just to check - I take it the parking brake still works ok with other aircraft in your hangar?

Cheers!
Rob
stretch1365 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stretch1365 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2015 at 7:23pm
Hi all,

I was just browsing the forum and noticed your query regarding the Tristar Parking Brake.

I am using the Tristar Pro and have found that if the aircraft is cold and dark on starting the sim, ie all systems off, you can't pull out the handle for the parking brake and apply the brake. However if you start up the APU and pressurize the Hydraulics then you will get the parking brake to come on. 

I haven't started up the Tristar in the sim and found the parking brake to be "on" yet!

I hope that helps.............I am sure I am right in my finding, maybe someone from Justflight can confirm this.

Happy Flying

David Phillips
gothan555 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gothan555 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2015 at 1:54pm
Thank you so much guys for getting involved in my problem.
David, you were right, the aircraft was dark and cold, no APU running.
Started the APU, and it solved the parking brake problem.

It saves my flighs with you, and that's great.

I've been working for TWA when I was a student, as a french LOD on flights to PARIS (I'm french), and TWA will be in my thoughts (especially TWA800)

Bertrand

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic