This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > L-1011 TriStar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

L-1011 causes OOM

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote badapple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: L-1011 causes OOM
    Posted: 11 Apr 2015 at 9:50pm
I have installed per instructions my Just Flight L-1011 TriStar plane.  Several nice liveries and the aircraft itself is a fine piece of work.  However, when ever I fly the plane for more than two hours I get OUT OF MEMORY error and P3Dv2.5 shutdown.

This is not only for the L-1011 but the same thing happens to the Just Flight DC-8 package. 

These are the only two aircraft that I have that produces this error.

And for anyone that wants to reply that I have too many services running that is not the case either. And I have a Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit system with 12 GB of RAM. Please do not repspond with windows issues or comments.  The problem is only with JUST FLIGHT DC-8 and L-1011.

Thank you to anyone who can perhaps share the same problem and remedy.

Adamski_NZ View Drop Down
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adamski_NZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2015 at 5:04am
Two whole hours???

I get as far as 10 minutes in P3D. I tried reducing the workload in the usual ways, but no effect. I have plenty of other high-load aircraft (PMDG, Aerosoft Airbus etc.) and none of them produce this error.

I'm afraid it's a TOTAL SHOW STOPPER for me - as I can't use this aircraft at all.
badapple View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote badapple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2015 at 6:33pm
They got the money.

Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adamski_NZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2015 at 6:40pm
They have indeed - but I've bought quite a few JF add-ons over the years and haven't had too bad an experience. I'm sure they'll get onto it!
badapple View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote badapple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2015 at 4:48am
I have myself bought many products from them and was even on the beta team for Traffic 360.  But the last two installments, the L-1011 and the DC-8 package are totally useless.  When I ask for tech support, instead of someone wanting to find the problem or interested in helping me.....  its, "well thats the way it works. Sorry."

I think they must be under new management or corporate leadership.

Its really sad. Now they don't want to help.

Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adamski_NZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2015 at 4:08pm
I'll raise a [tech] support ticket and see if there's a solution.
badapple View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote badapple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2015 at 4:56pm
Good luck.  I went that route and that is were they just kind of blew me off.
freaknout View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote freaknout Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2015 at 10:19am
I'm a bit worried myself.

I bought the L1011 last week and am sitting at KSEA (the standard in P3D) with Orbx Global selected. Just looking around the aircraft I'm up to 3.6gb of VAS already....
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adamski_NZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2015 at 12:39pm
I've had a very friendly/positive chat with support. They're trying a few things out - but I think I should let them post here in person (or allow me to post the gist of their investigations). I'd hate for a "chinese whispers" thing to start - and much rather we got things straight from the horse's mouth (arrrgh another metaphor!).

Until something gets posted here publicly (by whoever!) I'd say contact support directly. They do listen - honest!

Adam.
freaknout View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote freaknout Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2015 at 4:53pm
Originally posted by Adamski_NZ Adamski_NZ wrote:

I've had a very friendly/positive chat with support. They're trying a few things out - but I think I should let them post here in person (or allow me to post the gist of their investigations). I'd hate for a "chinese whispers" thing to start - and much rather we got things straight from the horse's mouth (arrrgh another metaphor!).

Until something gets posted here publicly (by whoever!) I'd say contact support directly. They do listen - honest!

Adam.

Thanks for letting me know Adam. Nice to know that there's still some work going on...
badapple View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote badapple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2015 at 5:58pm
I contacted them. Got a ticket number or case number. Waited two weeks for a reply only for the tech to tell me that the problem could be with the sound file. He told me to disable it or remove it from it normal place and try flying the aircraft then.

After two hours the OOM appeared again.  I contacted them again and they said, "Well, there isn't much we can do now if that didn't work."

So your comment about "they do listen"     Yes, they listen but don't do anything to cure problems.

Not like the good ole days at Just Flight.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic