This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > Traffic X / Traffic / Traffic 2005
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Traffic installed in FS9 and FSX

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote keenrw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Traffic installed in FS9 and FSX
    Posted: 31 Mar 2015 at 11:24am
Hi

Is it possible to install Traffic 2005 in both FSX and FS9 at the same time ? .

Thanks
Rich
Darren View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2015 at 1:38pm
Hi Rich, in a nutshell the answer is no, Traffic 2005 was designed for FS9. Traffix was designed for FSX the difference between the 2 are that Traffix for FSX has extra airlines that 2005 does not have and also it has aircraft that 2005 does not have so I don't the thinl traffic 2005 will work in FSX.
freddy View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote freddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2015 at 6:43am
Actually Darren, I have to correct you there ... Just Flight did release an update that allowed Traffic 2005 to be installed in FSX. Before Traffic X was released, I was using Traffic 2005 in my FSX. You can get that update from here: Just Flight Customer Service - Traffic 2005.

As for whether it is possible to install Traffic 2005 in to both FSX and FS9 at the same time, I will assume that it *IS*. But, as to HOW you would go about that, I am not sure. For starters, the FS9.cfg file and the FSX.cfg file would need to have lines that point to the folder location where Traffic 2005 is installed (ie, where the AI planes are). Can you simply just install Traffic 2005 and then manually edit the respective .cfg files? Sure you can. But, will it work, and is that all you would need to do? I have absolutely no idea.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic