This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > L-1011 TriStar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Can't bind heading bug to controller

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote orwell84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Can't bind heading bug to controller
    Posted: 23 Mar 2015 at 10:46am
Hi, I am unable to bind the heading bu to a controller button or keypress.  It only works when clicking on the virtual knob.  Binding it to a button or standard fs keyboard command makes the bug move slightly then return to where it was.  I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong or if this is a ...pardon the pun...bug.  My understanding is that the AP uses default FS commands.  Many thanks for the help.
MadRobbie1 View Drop Down
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MadRobbie1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2015 at 6:02pm
Hello,

Can you give us a bit more info please?
What version of FSX are you flying?
What version of L-1011 are you flying - original or professional upgrade?
Also, what controllers are you using, and are you using any dedicated programming software that may come with them? (you mention adding heading bug to a controller button)

If you're trying a keyboard command, what key combo are you using?

Does the heading bug work OK using your controllers/key command in the default (stock) FSX aircraft?

Cheers
Rob
orwell84 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote orwell84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2015 at 8:28pm
I'm running the Professional upgrade in P3D v2. Keypresses in controller works with default ac. I am using the Saitek multipanel, but cannot set the heading bug with default keyboard inputs or assigning new ones. Can only change the heading by mouse clicks on the panel. If I could at least set it with keybiard commands, I could take it from there. Does the autopilot use default keyboard inputs?

Thanks for the help.
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MadRobbie1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2015 at 11:26pm
Hello,

Right - considering your setup, I'm not sure i'll be able to give any useful info. Biggest (potential) problem is that I'm an FSX user and you're on P3D and I have no experience of P3D at all!

I'm pretty sure in FSX, L-1011 uses default autopilot commands - whether that holds true for P3D I really couldn't say.
Are you getting issues with any other aircraft in P3D, and are all the other functions of the MultiPanel working as intended?

For now all I can suggest is check your drivers are up to date, make sure P3D is patched up to date (if that P3D works like that!), and lastly drop a ticket into the JustFlight customer support.... just remember that you're not going to get a response over the weekend.

Sorry but I don't think I can really give you anything more as we're not using the same software.

Rob
orwell84 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote orwell84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2015 at 9:37pm
I am getting the exact same results in FSX.  I can't move the heading bug with default keyboard commands, only mouse clicks on the panel.  Default ac work normally.  Has anybody been able to set  the heading bug with a key press or controller?  Does something else have to be working or the ac airborne before the heading bu can be set?  I really am at a loss.

Thanks for the help.
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MadRobbie1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2015 at 12:41pm
Hi again,

Just got a chance to look at this again. My 'default' keyboard commands did not include any bindings for any keys for controller buttons for either the Autopilot Heading Bug (decrement) or Autopilot Heading Bug (increment) commands.

Remember I'm using the original L-1011 release (non-pro) and FSX Gold (Steam Edition).
First up, I loaded the default Tristar tutorial. Heading bug functions OK only using mouse clicks/wheel.

Edited controls to assign heading bug increment/decrement to buttons on the X55 throttle. I set the repeat to 50% for both inc/dec commands.
Re-entered cockpit and the throttle buttons worked fine. Mouse functions continued to work fine as an alternative.

Went back to menu and added keyboard commands for heading bug inc/dec.
I used Shift+[ for Increase, and Ctrl+[ for Decrease.
Returned to cockpit, and key bindings worked OK, throttle buttons still worked OK and mouse controls still OK.

So for the original release, the Autopilot Heading Bug works just fine.

The only thing to my mind that's causing a possible issue here (without being able to test on the L-1011 pro version) is looking at the Saitek Panel you're using and whether it requires some additional programming to get full functionality.

Cheers
Rob

Note: I use a mix of the following controllers: Saitek X-55, 2 x Saitek ProGamer Command Units, Pro Pedals, Throttle Quad (with main lever axis programmed for landing gear/flaps/arrestor hook), Saitek TPM panel, VRInsight Tact & Toggle panel and TrackIR5.
I always find the best combination for control flexibility is to part-program the Saitek controllers using the Saitek software, use a superb controller utility called XPadder (transforms the VRInsight T&T panel) and use the custom key binding options in FSX.
orwell84 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote orwell84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2015 at 4:56pm
Thanks very much for the help. I reinstalled the basic version with SP1 and everything worked perfectly as you described both in FSX and P3D. Somehow this got broken in the pro version which is too bad. Trying to see if there is a fix or workaround for the pro version and if there is really all that much difference between the two. Thanks again for the help.
orwell84 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote orwell84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2015 at 6:40pm
Still working on this. In the pro can get tha ap working properly if I delete all the guages from the VC in the panel config, but many other things stop working. I really have no clue. Everything else with ap works fine in pro.
orwell84 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote orwell84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2015 at 11:12pm
I submitted a ticket but never got a response other than that the ticket had been submitted.  Too bad they broke the Ap in the pro version.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic