This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > Flying Club
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

C-152 Quick and Dirty Fix for Dark Prop?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KCMO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: C-152 Quick and Dirty Fix for Dark Prop?
    Posted: 11 Aug 2008 at 7:16pm
I'm a newbie here so my apologizes if this has been asked before.....

I just purchased the C-152 this weekend. From searching this forum, I believe a patch is forthcoming that will fix, among other things, the dark prop problem for SP2 /Accel users.
Is there a quick fix I can try in the meanwhile?

For example, I tried renaming C152_Prop.bmp to C152_Proporig.bmp but that didn't seem to make a differnce even though I'm sure I picked the variant that supposedly used that texture folder.
d9 View Drop Down
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote d9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2008 at 7:49pm
There is a fix somewhere on the forum, and on Avsim, but I can't remember whereEmbarrassed
However, the JF re-work is promised anyday now (isn't it RichardBig%20smile

Rob.
twright View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote twright Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2008 at 8:51pm
Originally posted by d9 d9 wrote:

However, the JF re-work is promised anyday now (isn't it RichardBig%20smile

I'm awaiting it in anticipation as well!  I have asked previously but I think they're getting fed up with "when will it be released?" as I haven't had an answer! .
Kind regards,
Tom
KCMO View Drop Down
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KCMO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2008 at 9:00pm

Was there any promise of the fix also including better engine sounds? Admittedly it's been a long time since I've flown in a 152 but I don't recall it sounding like a lawn mower.

reider View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2008 at 10:36pm
I`ve worked on a few fixes before but not used DXTBMP until now, thats how its fixed.  I just did a trial and its showing promise.  However with the update being close I don`t wish to spend too long on it.  So I borrowed a prop from an ultralight.  Get the free Foxbat from;

http://www.horizonsimulation.com/downloads.htm

Borrow the prop and rename it to;

C152_Prop

Take a copy of the existing C152 one and place it in a backup folder somewhere safe.  Then exchange the present one for this new one.  It has a good effect, is transparent, but just has a mildly amusing red ring around its outer prop circumference.  At least you can see where you`re going and you did ask for 'quick and dirty'.  You will need to place it in every texture folder that you use.  For instance I only use the UK textures and their are 4 of these, so all need a copy.  I haven`t tested my theory but this should be adaptable for other users of the Flying ClubX aircraft.

EDIT: I tested it on the other aircraft in the Flying ClubX installation and it works there too.  Use tomahawk.prop, warrior.prop and seneca.prop as the names for each.  Make sure you spell them exactly right.

Reider
KCMO View Drop Down
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KCMO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2008 at 3:06am
reider,
Hey, I just tried it on the 152 and it works great! Back in the saddle again, thanks!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic