This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

cant wait!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 11jovic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: cant wait!
    Posted: 09 Aug 2008 at 12:46pm
to do my PMDG 747 flight from heathrow to new york today it will be amazing. i really cant wait to find out how to load the fmc properly and made a sucessful flight. how many people are doing a real procedure flight this weekend. write i would love to talk to you about flying on flight sim.
Kind regards joe
FO for virgin atlantic airways 747
j.staddon
jupp94 View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jupp94 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2008 at 1:07pm

hi, well. I will do a flight this week to Santiago from Heathrow in the PMDG 747. will leave it over night and land it the other day tho.

11jovic View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 11jovic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2008 at 2:30pm
yeah i will probably do that haha. pretend im taking my rest break. (for the whole flight) anyone like doing long haul. What aircraft do you all fly and are you medium short or long haul people.

kind regards joe
j.staddon
jupp94 View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jupp94 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2008 at 4:43pm
Im more like medium to long haul
11jovic View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 11jovic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2008 at 4:51pm
and do you mind what aircraft you fly. im still learning the pmdg 747

joe
j.staddon
dmr100 View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dmr100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2008 at 6:21pm
I'm short to medium haul, love the 737-800/900 PMDG, 737-300/400/500 PIC and wil be getting JF757!
jupp94 View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jupp94 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2008 at 6:31pm
the level-D 767 for me!
nickb84 View Drop Down
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nickb84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2008 at 8:04pm
Short right through to long haul hear.

Am a true Airbus pilot hear and fly A319, 320, 321, 330 and 340

Last week did LHR-JFK-LHR in a A340 and this weekend have been to Hamburg in a A320.

Have got PMDG 737 but not really a fan of the 737, however i have just decided to invest in the PMDG 747 for some more long haul flights. Wink 
Nick B

Long Term FS9 Airbus Pilot

EGLL - LHR, London Heathrow
11jovic View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 11jovic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2008 at 9:10pm
yeah i have the pmdg been waiting to get it for ages. and i can happily say its amazing if you need help learning the systems i would get the itvv video of virgin 747-400. it has helped me so much. and its just incredible flight sim add on.

:D

im doing a flight tomorrow for my virtual airline :D
virgin atlantic virtual
:)
j.staddon
Flightboy View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flightboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2008 at 4:32pm
I have to ask guys whats the point in doing a long haul flight if you just leave it? you may as well just do shorthaul! When i fly longhaul im in the cockpit but just surfing the net, working but keeping a close eye on whats happening in flight ( and as im a member of BAV once a hour i have to click a button to register my position and to prove im there Tongue )

Just seems weird to set it up and leave itWacko

flightboy
twright View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote twright Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2008 at 6:26pm
I do a very mixed bag of flights, but rarely anything more than 4 hours.  I don't have any long haul aircraft such as PMDG 747 or Level D 767, but I do have Concorde which I am currently flying across the Atlantic, which in a 747/767 would take about 7 hours but Concorde can/(couldCry) do it in around 3 hours.  I sit at it almost the whole time, flying/monitoring the flight on one PC and surfing the web or reading the documentation on another but at the same desk.

Most of the time I'm doing short VFR flights in the South of England with only the occasional transatlantic crossing just to keep things different! Smile
Kind regards,
Tom
nickb84 View Drop Down
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nickb84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2008 at 8:32pm
Originally posted by twright twright wrote:

I sit at it almost the whole time, flying/monitoring the flight on one PC and surfing the web or reading the documentation on another but at the same desk.

exactly the same, but I tend to do anything from short haul (i.e one hour) right upto long haul.

Always around the sim whenever it is flying.
Nick B

Long Term FS9 Airbus Pilot

EGLL - LHR, London Heathrow
Kelvin_C-J View Drop Down
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kelvin_C-J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2008 at 8:59pm
I often do Long haul flights.
Today I did SBJR-EGLL,(Rio De Janeiro to Heathrow) and yesturday did EGLL-YPPH(Heathrow To Perth)

I have to admit, unless I'm on vatsim, I tend to leave my PC running and surf the net on this computer(different to My flight simming one)
However, I do check back every hour and do an Economy Cruise Climb if neededWink
Best Regards,
Kelvin Chilvers-Jones

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic