This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > Traffic 360
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

FSX & TrafficX/Traffic360

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speedbird002 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: FSX & TrafficX/Traffic360
    Posted: 16 Mar 2015 at 3:50pm
I have read the various threads and am still none the wiser. I have tried everything suggested to get Ryanair showing at either Dublin (Mega Airport Dublin add-on) and Stansted (FS Default), always without success. Whatever I do whether uninstalling or reinstalling, changing the settings for traffic values, reducing same to nil and just trying General aviation option - still the same option - no Ryanair in existence.

Did try the Ryanair aircraft.cfg files but when I attempted all I get is another box (window) saying the following:-

"Adobe Reader could not open 'texture.cfg' because it is either not a supported file type or because the file has been damaged (for example it was sent as an email attachment and wasn't correctly decoded"

I run FSX and have both Traffic X and Traffic360 - but do not install both traffic versions as I try to use just one at a time to see the one that works best for my system.

I have various add-ons - mainly airport add-ons - and (generally)I have no problem with them and they appear to work fine.

I have been trying to grapple with the Traffic and missing airlines not showing at the appropriate airports for ages and have also tried to get the correct call signs - regarding the latter I have finally solved that bad bug by getting EditVoicePack and finally I can use correct call signs.

However it is nothing short of frustrating that Traffic and Just Flight could not resolve this problem. The Traffic packages are good and what I would expect from Just Flight, more so when they are using UK, GB and Europe airports - but then again surely they should be getting that right as they are principally UK based!

Apologies for the verbose nature of this topic - but having spent so long over the last few years and hours upon hours trying to sort it out, please everyone understand my utter frustration at a flawed product.

I have also noticed that TrafficX/Traffic360 (whichever I have installed at the time)do not show in the scenery library - but it still seems to work!!!!

It must surely be in everyones interest, and Just Flight in particular, to address this, and maybe one day they will be able to reissue any next version of Traffic so that it works properly and as intended.

I run my own business and in offering a service and product I make sure that it works as intended, otherwise I would be very disappointed.

I would welcome any further assistance for now that anyone can offer so that I can get Ryanair (and some other airlines) showing properly when I use Traffic at aiports you would not only expect to see but would find it odd in the extreme if they did not show.

Thanks for your patience reading this sad missive.
RayM View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RayM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2015 at 2:45pm
Firstly I need to make a couple of points.
I have no connections with JF other than occasionally purchasing products from time to time - and I would also add that I consider some of their products to be less than fully tested when they are issued to the public.
I have been running Traffic X for many years now. It took me some time to get to grips with the user interfaces but have got to the point where I am content to stay with it rather than migrate to Traffic 360. Traffic X does what it set out to do without any special fiddling about but some tinkering was necessary to correct some elements of aircraft behaviour. When T360 first came out, I purchased the upgrade version but held off as too many users were reporting problems. I now have the latest T360 installed as a dummy program on my laptop so that I can look at it without affecting my FSXA / Traffic X installation.
Now to try and respond to some of your problems.
You seem to have installed and un-installed TX and T360 several times. When un-installing do you go in to the file system and clear out any remaining files that get left behind? It is essential to do this.
If TX is installed, in the FSX Scenery Library you should get an entry "Traffic X Airport Facilities". It will initially appear at the top of the list but you must move it down below any of your other scenery addons so that they appear, rather than the TX airport versions. If you haven't got this entry, the installation is not correct and I cannot understand how TX can be said to be working?
When TX is installed, a file "TrafficX.bgl" (dated 18/11/2008 85,898Kb) is placed in '\FSX\scenery\world\scenery\'. This is the default BGL file created from the initial flight schedules supplied in TX.
The Ryanair schedules are located in a file '\FSX\JustFlight\TrafficX\presets\data\schedules\flight plans\RYR.tcc'. As installed, this contains over 90 different flight schedules for Ryanair. Of these, over 50 go to and from Stansted (EGSS). Bearing in mind that the TX compiler adds a percentage figure to all flights that controls whether a given flight will be seen in FSX dependent upon the 'airline' setting in FSX, a good number of these 50 should show up at EGSS if your setting is say 70% (which is my normal setting).

In T360, JF have done (in my opinion) some strange tinkering with how schedules are handled.
You should get an entry like "Traffic 360 airport facilities" which should be handled similarly to above.
The supplied default AI file is called "ai-traffic.bgl" (17/03/2013 102,328Kb).
JF have offered 6 different ranges of flight schedules for different 'years' and different 'seasons' (gone a bit too far in my opinion). I guess that the default AI file will contain a load of Ryanair flights but I haven't been able to check this out yet.
Of the 6 'year/season' schedules, only 3 contain flights for Ryanair - Summer 2007 (94 schedules), Summer 2011 (94 schedules) and Winter 2013 (774 schedules). (Don't understand this last one at the moment). All 3 of these have a good number of Ryanair flights passing thru EGSS so there should not be any problems seeing them.

So, you say you do not see Ryanair at EGSS (FSX default). What TrafficX aircraft do you see at EGSS? Loads of different airlines like I do or hardly any? What is your 'Airlines' setting in FSX? Have you been doing any compiling from TX or T360 using 'Traffic Movements'? In TX, it is possible to generate a Ryanair-AI-only BGL from Traffic Movements. Have you tried that? Do you have any Ryanair aircraft at other airports - there must be some at Luton EGGW?

Can I suggest you do a CLEAN install of Traffic X and perhaps we can take it from there?

Have you read the forum thread that mentions old-style BGL files stopping other later BGL's from functioning? Have you ever had any older AI programs running?

A long time FSXA and Traffic X user
MrP View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2015 at 1:36pm
I had the exact same issue after a recent clean re install.
Stansted was an Easyjet haven.

All it was for me in the T360 control center under traffic generator was up it to 200% Ryan Air just appeared including Dublin.

RayM View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RayM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2015 at 1:48pm
I have just decompiled the supplied T360 AI file "ai-aircraft.bgl" and found that it contains over 700 scheduled flights for Ryanair using the 2 B737-800's that are included in the aircraft. Plenty of these 700+ go to and from Stansted and to and from Dublin. There is a good spread of "%" values which means that if your 'airlines' setting in FSX is at least 50%, then there is no reason why Ryanair should not be present at Stansted and Dublin airports (at least from the Traffic 360 point of view). If they are not there, there must be a non-Traffic 360 problem.
I would point out that I am talking about the default AI file here, if you have tried to create your own compiled files then I cannot comment on the results that you are getting.
RayM View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RayM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2015 at 2:24pm
Looking at the Winter 2013 schedules in my Traffic 360, I have found that ALL of the Ryanair schedules call up Boeing 737-600 aircraft. BUT, in the Fleet Database there are NO B737-600 aircraft in Ryanair colours - only B737-200 and -800 aircraft are listed. Can this be a possible reason for no-shows?

I will look at the other supplied schedules and see what happens in them.
Speedbird002 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speedbird002 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2015 at 7:08pm
Thanks guys. Very helpful information. I have tried some of RayM's options and finally got a few Ryanair at Dublin/Stansted. Will do some more juggling and see what happens and get back with my further comments.
RayM View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RayM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2015 at 7:01am
Originally posted by Speedbird002 Speedbird002 wrote:

Thanks guys. Very helpful information. I have tried some of RayM's options and finally got a few Ryanair at Dublin/Stansted. Will do some more juggling and see what happens and get back with my further comments.

Interesting - what sorts of changes have you made that have made a difference?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic