This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > DC-8 Jetliner Series 10 through 70
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Just Flight DC-8 Professioal

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mamskas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Just Flight DC-8 Professioal
    Posted: 07 Mar 2015 at 12:26am
It need not even be mentioned but, as the L-1011 product, so goes the DC-8 without argument or mention.  Right now the DC-8 feels like nothing more than a CTRL-E and go aircraft. While visually stunning interior flightdeck, the systems modeling is quite poor and there is too much cherry picking of functionality for this product.  The Flight Engineer cargo smoke and bus meter rotaries rotate to more positions than there are labels.

Great product but major disappointment that all this work went into this aircraft and it just does not feel, regardless of a checklist or FCOM, like a well simulated DC-8.  FDE is fine as are the FMS, old model and new model gauges but more simply more has to be done to make this aircraft pop.  The professional for the L-1011 brought it close to the CaptainSim version and the DC-8 is one of a kind in FSX so please give it life; you did, but don't leave it like this.  Almost an injustice to leave the aircraft in this state.
sundowner View Drop Down
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sundowner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2015 at 1:57pm
Hi Mamskas
I totally agree with you. I downloaded the DC - 8, 6 months ago and has flown it 5 times during the first week of purchasing. Then discovered the product, except for the exterior looks and sounds, is substandard i t o cockpit panels. As a real time pilot , like with the Viscount, you cannot not fly it without 2 D panel.. 
It is astonishing that these products are still for sale without any patches to rectify difficiancies.
I have made numerous comments on the forum w r t the virtual cockpits which looks very nice, but is not at a standard that one could fly some of these Just Flight products. I have just downloaded the  Locheed Tristar and the  presence of the 2 D panel makes a huge difference.
Regards
sundowner
moters View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote moters Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2015 at 1:14am
Might be nice but they cant even seem to fix the dc8 as it is now? Why would I even think of getting it we were promised a service pack or a hotfix months ago and so far nothing. Till just flight gets with it and fixes the dc8 I will not buy any of there products. Like the plane hate the bugs
sundowner View Drop Down
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sundowner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2015 at 8:19pm
Hi Moters
It is clear that one cannot purchase a Just Flight product (Some are not to bad) unless doing really thorough investigation about a specific product !! The "Sales" product feedback means nothing. The Forum helps tremendiously to get a more  objective view. My personal view is that buying "virtual" products we are all exposed - in my Country with all their issues we have Legislation which protects the "consumer". With Just Flight we don't have that and just take the risk when purchasing a substandard product. Quite sad !!
Kind Regards
mamskas View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mamskas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2015 at 7:25pm
Honestly, with PMDG, CaptainSim, and other developers' works on my drive, almost embarassing to install the DC-8 again. Only JustFlight aircraft glad to have is only other one I own: L-1011 Professional.

Something needs to be done with this product or I am seriously done with the DC-8
yankeeromeo View Drop Down
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yankeeromeo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2015 at 8:10am
Its a pitty and a real shame, for once we have a DC-8 for FSX.
The external model is pretty nice, the textures and the repaints too, the sound pack is pretty nice too but the VC and the flight model areClown
In a way, this make me think of an empty nutshellCry
I have uninstalled this plane since few months nowAngry
A DC-8 PRO versionQuestion why not if you think that it can fix all the bugs listed, but the list is long and
i'm afraid, considering the J.F support, to be a waste of timeOuch
Sincerely,

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic