This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Chat > Just Chat - General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Justflight planes

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ikarus2015 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Justflight planes
    Posted: 20 Feb 2015 at 12:31pm
Hi everyone at Justflight, 

Thanks a a lot for so many nice planes you offer us PC flyers.  

I have a suggestion to the plane designers:

1. Please make your planes looking old. There are many legends of aviation in your portfolio, but these planes are mostly too clean, too bright, too factory new! Please make them worn out, both the outside and the inside. 

2. Please also install a gps button into your planes which should be combined with the autopilot. Allmost all payware planes don´t have a GPS of this kind, because, naturally, there was no GPS available at that time when these planes were cruising the skies. May be one can argue that the GPS in a Superconnie is part of kind of a new updated avionics. I can imagine there are many simmers who would like to buy your planes, but they don´t have the time to go into hundreds of pages of manuals to be able to navigate with them. 
A good example is the BAe146 from Quality wings. I love this plane more than yours, even I also have yours (which is very beautiful too)  but the QW plane offers a GPS button combined wiht the AP. Together with the on board flightplanner of FSX, ILS flights are a big joy. I makes evening ILS flights so easy. 

I can imagine that your sales might increase if you consider these two suggestions. 

Many thanks and best regards

Alfred 

BobKay View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BobKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2015 at 1:21pm
I'd agree on the GPS.  I've been to a number of airshows featuring old warbirds and I noticed that they almost universally have a GPS and often other updated avionics.  Seems to me it's reasonable to include it in a simulation of the aircraft unless the plane in general is intended to be a replica of a given specific prototype at a specific (ie, 1945 or whatever) timeframe..

On the other hand it's not terribly difficult to add a GPS yourself.  And while you're at it, just add a GPS/NAV switch too.

ikarus2012 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ikarus2012 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2015 at 12:04pm
Hi BobKay, 
Yes, you are right, it is not difficult to add a GPS into a plane, but I used weeks to find a solution to add also a switch to combine GPS/NAV/AP. I thought only, that it is very useful for many simmers to find this combination ready for use in a payware plane. 

What about the old look of Justflight planes?

Best regards and thanks for replying

Alfred 
Don't look for happyness, live it
BobKay View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BobKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2015 at 3:49pm
You can "borrow" the GPS/NAV switch and annunciator from the default Cessna 172, among others.  I assigned a joystick button to the GPS/NAV switch function but it has no annunciation of course.  I also use the SimFlyer (commercial, but very inexpensive) GNS430/530 GPS which has the switch built into the GPS.  Lots of ways to skin this particular cat.

ikarus2012 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ikarus2012 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2015 at 12:27am
Hi BobKay, 
Yes, this is exactly what I did and I also "borrowed" the AP from the freeware Dassault Falcon 50 jet which also works in most planes. But I shall test your suggestion with the Simflyer version. Thanks for it and best regards 

Alfred 
Don't look for happyness, live it
jimbonh View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jimbonh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2015 at 2:17pm
SimFlyer has Great gauges, and usually can be easily installed into most aircraft. In fact, if you know
What your doing, especially if you own Panel Studio, you can add , re-design any aircraft. If only
PMDG could see me now, lol. I actually have just about every single aircraft I own re-designed.As Most
Don't offer some of the pop-ups I like, like from SimFlyer, their EFB, Electronic Flight Bag system in
my opinion is one of the best. Its all about the panel.cfg file folks. Always back up the panel.cfg first,
and play around with it, thats the easiest way, and look at some of the other aircraft you own, see
how they are setup in the panel.cfg, you'd be surprised how close they all really are. And on one more
Note, Steam Editions are highly configurable also, almost the Exact same.Hope this helps.
Jimbo
ikarus2015 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ikarus2015 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2015 at 4:14am
Hi Jimbo, 
Thanks a lot for your valuable input. oh, I am not an expert like you..I am an enthusiast user with some years of experience only. But I will go into this matter and try it out. It seems very interesting
Best regards and happy landings

Alfred 
Flyer10 View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flyer10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2015 at 12:31pm
I have the reality XP gps and avidyne GPS with traffic and TAWS warning, they came with a plane but you you edit other panel.cfg to include these in any plane you want.

Its very easy to use them as a pop up, it takes more effort to include them into a VC.

The TAWS is great, especially as voxatc likes to send you into mountains when on approach.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic