This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > Traffic 360
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

AI sounds

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jjaycee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: AI sounds
    Posted: 07 Feb 2015 at 10:54am
Is it possible to alias some of the Traffic360 sounds to another non trafic360 ai plane. If so how is it done. I ask because some of my military addon planes only seem to have taxi sound and no real ooomph at take off. I would like to add the 360 sounds to them.
freddy View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote freddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2015 at 10:22pm
This can be done. Here are the steps to follow:

(Note that I do not have Traffic 360, I have Traffic X, but the steps below should hopefully be the same. If not, at least the method should be enough to get you on the right track.)

I have downloaded and created AI flight plans for the Fruit Stand's Dash 8-400 AI aircraft. This AI aircraft used the default FSX sounds which, as you say, simply had no "ooomph".

Before we begin, be aware that Traffic X doesn't always have specific sounds for each specific plane. Traffic 360 will no doubt be the same. So, there will be occasions where you will need to choose which Traffic X (Traffic 360) sounds are the most appropriate for your AI plane. In the case of a Dash 8 plane, that I am using in my example here, Traffic X does have Dash 8 sounds ... so it makes obvious sense to use the Traffic X Dash 8 sounds.

==========================================

1) Go to Traffic X's Dash 8 AI plane folder ("C:\...\Flight Simulator X\SimObjects\TrafficX\JFAI_Dash8-x00").

2) In that folder, locate the folder called "soundai".

3) Open the "soundai" folder to view its contents.

4) You will see a "soundai.cfg" file. Open this file in NOTEPAD.

5) You will see that it is merely a pointer (alias) pointing to another folder. In the case of the Traffic X Dash 8 AI plane that I am using in this example, it is pointing to the "JFAI-AllAircraft\TrafficX_Sounds\Props\AI_Dash_8_100\Soundai" folder.

6) Navigate to that folder ("C:\...\Flight Simulator X\SimObjects\TrafficX\JFAI-AllAircraft\TrafficX_Sounds\Props\AI_Dash_8_100").

7) In that folder there is a "Soundai.CAB" file.

8) COPY this "Soundai.CAB" file to your desktop.

9) Now go back to your other AI plane. In your other AI plane's folder, create a NEW folder called "SoundAI". (If there is already another "SoundAI" folder in the folder belonging to your other AI plane, then rename that folder first, for backup purposes in case you need to revert back.)

10) COPY/MOVE the "Soundai.CAB" file from your desktop in to this newly created "SoundAI" folder.

11) You're done!

12) If the sim is already running, close and re-run it. Your other AI plane should now use the sounds from the Traffic X plane.

==========================================

An obvious question would be "Why can't I just copy the "soundai.cfg" file from the Traffic X plane and put that in to a "SoundAI" folder for the other plane? After all, isn't that pointing to that "Soundai.CAB" file anyway?". That is a good question. I have found that sometimes that DOES work, and other times it does NOT work. I don't understand why, so I just copy the actual "Soundai.CAB" file in to the "SoundAI" folder and get the job done that way.

Enjoy!

aconstable View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aconstable Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2015 at 10:22am
Hello JJaycee
What Freddie has said will work,but there is no need to do this as a simple edit of the alias (Soundai.cfg)will work.The reason why some don't is that they have not spelt the alias correctly.See below,lots of people leave the " Mil" out for some reason,below is how a Tornado is for Traffic360.Remember a single full stop or dash in the wrong place will render that sound useless.
[fltsim]
alias=JFAI-AllAircraft\Traffic360_Sounds\Military\AI_Mil_Torn\Soundai
Any problems send me a PE.

Cheers
Alan

freddy View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote freddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2015 at 6:42am
Alan's suggestion is of course the next logical progression following on from my own last paragraph about making a copy the "soundai.cfg" file and putting that in to a "SoundAI" folder for the other plane.

As author/developer of the awesome TRAFFIC 3D SOUNDS package, along with other sound packages (including those used by Traffic X and Traffic 360), I certainly bow to Alan's expertise and knowledge in this area.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic