This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > DC-8 Jetliner Series 10 through 70
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

No engine spool up in DC-8 50-70

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flightsim481 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: No engine spool up in DC-8 50-70
    Posted: 25 Jan 2015 at 2:23pm
Hi folks,

Following the tutorial, with the EFIS equipped '70, I get as far as the start switches.

When I select start switch 3 to on, nothing happens.  No noise, no spool up, no change in gauge indications. Nothing at all.  It just sits there.  It's almost as if there is no power to the engines.

I have tried with clean installs in both FSX and P3D, but no joy.  As I say, I have gone through the tutorial word for word several times.

I load FSX with a simple aircraft first and then load the tutorial.  Thus the previous flight has not been shut down using ctrl, shift F1, nor a mixture control.  In any case, I have tried with and without using ctrl, shift F4, but there is no difference.

Any clues for where to go next?

Thanks.
ftwd View Drop Down
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ftwd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2015 at 10:47am
Hi 481,
A couple of quick questions, are you both turning the ignition arming switch to the right and switching on the ignition override switch?
Can you possibly try again and put down here step by step as you are doing it?

We'll get it started,
Cheers
Nathan.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic