This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > DC-3 Legends of Flight
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

DC-3 operation explained

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote goldratte Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: DC-3 operation explained
    Posted: 24 Jan 2015 at 5:39pm
Hi!

I have some questions regarding the operation of the JustFlight DC-3- to bring this out at the beginning- I am new to flight sims AND I have read the manual (which leaves much to wish for...). Before I got the JustFlight DC-3 I had approximately ten hours in the MS FSX default Cub, Cessna and DC-3.
I'd appreciate if someone could take some time to answer my questions!

- How do I adjust the NAV/ADF radio frequency to VOR/DME points? If I turn the range knob to 100-190 kHz, the frequency selection wheel goes blank.
- Where do I adjust the COMM frequency?
- When I use feathering I have to restart the engine to come up on the revs again? Is this the same in RW?
- Why do the parameters between the engines vary so much, although they run under equal settings? Is this just an attempt to simulate RW plane or can this be optimized?

Thank you very much for your help!

Goldratte
Expire View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Expire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2015 at 10:09am
Are you still looking for answers or have you sorted this out in the interim?  I am by no means an expert but for a couple hours last night I was testing out the navigation systems.

Mike
Best regards

Mike Reardon
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic