This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > F-Lite
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

DC10 Cold and dark?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kessler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: DC10 Cold and dark?
    Posted: 07 Aug 2008 at 5:52pm
Hiya Guys,

Is it possible to have the DC10 properly cold and dark?  Even when I turn off everything I can find, there is still a noise like either fans or generators working and quite a few warning/caution lights remain on, and this is with the main battery switched off.  I cant seem to get everything shut down.

Thanks

Rory
kessler View Drop Down
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kessler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2008 at 12:28pm
Does any of the JF crew have an answer for this one please??

Rory
reider View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2008 at 6:51pm
I missed this post, I guess others have.  I have seen this problem with the Level D 767 too and this is what I did.  I opened the present Cold and Dark scenario, then the overhead and flicked every switch off.  I then listened, made sure it was as it should be and saved the panel state.  Now I have the DC10 Collection but cannot from memory recall what options it has (whats my name again?).  But do things in this way or save it as a saved flight and swap airport or set it as the default flight, theirs always some kind of option.  Sorry we all missed this......  Not JF Crew but we`re all there for you and rooting.

Reider   
kessler View Drop Down
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kessler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2008 at 3:10pm

Hello Reider,

Many thanks for the reply.  I understand what you mean re shutting everything down and then doing a save flight.  The problem is, is that with everything shut off the cockpit is still not quet, as said, a noise persists, similar to generator or a high powered fan.  But thanks for trying to help.

Rory
reider View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2008 at 9:29pm
It sounds very much like the APU is still running.  Usually providing power in the tail section or around that area when the engines are off or as the aircraft taxies to gate.  I`ll have a look when I get a chance.  The general idea being the batteries give power for about 30 mins, the APU provides full power to set the aircraft up and get ready for engine start or provide power ready for when the engines are shut down.  Also make sure you can`t hear an aircraft thats nearby......

Reider
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic