This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > Traffic 360
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

No Ryanair traffic at Stansted?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rockon01uk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2014 at 4:47pm
There is Ryanair in \\SimObjects\JFTraffic360\JFAI_B737-200_g1 and \\SimObjects \JFTraffic360\JFAI_B737-800_g1. 

All changed to atc_airline=RYANAIR. From my test depending on which schedule you are using it'll be the 737-200 / 737-800 that will spawn. I am using the Summer Schedule 2013 only at the mo and only the 737-800 spawned, so you'll need to change both the 737-200 and 800 configs.

Checked the airbus files also and the atc_airline= is a bit hit and miss. Some airlines are blank, some have the airline instead of call sign ( not sure if it matters) and the likes of BA has Speed Bird instead of Speedbird.

If I also remember rightly, when using SuperTrafficBoard that some flights are mentioned, but you can't follow/see an AI plane or it is greyed out until the GA slider is used then some may appear.

Strange goings on but the atc_airline= will need altered by the looks of things.
RayM View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RayM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2014 at 4:56pm
Originally posted by rockon01uk rockon01uk wrote:

Checked the airbus files also and the atc_airline= is a bit hit and miss. Some airlines are blank, some have the airline instead of call sign ( not sure if it matters) and the likes of BA has Speed Bird instead of Speedbird.

On my system "Speed Bird" works as BA callsign.
A long time FSXA and Traffic X user
freddy View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote freddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2014 at 1:16am
For the correct values that need to be entered for atc_airline, open your "C:\...\Flight Simulator X" folder and find the file "airlines.cfg". If you open that file in Notepad, you will see the list of airline names.

Warning: Do NOT make manual edits and modifications to the "airlines.cfg" list.

For the atc_airline parameter in the "aircraft.cfg" file, enter the name exactly as it appears in the "airlines.cfg" file. (Case doesn't matter for the atc_airline parameter, so you can enter it in upper case, lowercase, or whatever.)

For the more advanced users who like to dabble in such things, you can use the EditVoicepack program to add and edit ATC phrases, including airline names (adding or editing airline names makes changes in the "airlines.cfg" file). You can either purchase a licence to use the latest releases, or you can choose to download an earlier version that's free but is no longer supported. For FSX, I have been using the earlier EditVoicepack X 4.0 version for ages and it works just fine. Here's the link: EditVoicepack.
RayM View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RayM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2014 at 2:17pm
Freddy,
as always, you have come up with a piece of useful info - namely the file "airlines.cfg". I have not noticed this before now. I notice that the time stamp on my file is 13.07.14 i.e. not that long ago. What might be adding to this file - I certainly have never directly edited this file myself? I use EDITVOICEPACK myself from time to time but am surprised that this is likely to add to or edit this file.
freddy View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote freddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2014 at 11:41pm
Ray,

With EditVoicepack, after you add a new phrase or airline names, or make modifications to existing phrases or airline names, you will want to import your changes in to FSX so that AI aircraft and ATC can use and say them. You would click on the FILE menu and then on the UPDATE VOICEPACK menu option. From there, a wizard then guides you through the process. As part of that process, the following screen appears (see screenshot). If you have this checked (ticked) then the "airlines.cfg" file is updated.

Note that, as the screen says, you do not need to update the "airlines.cfg" list in order for AI aircraft and ATC to use the phrase. As long as you use the correct (matching) IDENTIFIER for the atc_airline entry in the "aircraft.cfg" file, your phrase will be used by AI aircraft and ATC.

However, for completeness, and if I need to look it up later, I find it is easier to simply let EditVoicepack update the "airlines.cfg" file.

The cool thing about the "airlines.cfg" file is that whenever you notice AI aircraft or ATC is not calling out the airline name for a plane, or is calling the wrong name, then you can check this list and compare against the atc_airline entry in the respective plane's "aircraft.cfg" file.

RayM View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RayM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2014 at 1:18pm
Freddy,

as always, you have explained it perfectly. Thanks
freddy View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote freddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2014 at 11:51pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic