This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > Traffic X / Traffic / Traffic 2005
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Flight plans Xp to Windows 7

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote don Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Flight plans Xp to Windows 7
    Posted: 03 Dec 2014 at 7:16pm
Hi, I just installed windows 7 and also fsx and traffic x.
All looks ok but I can't seen to transfer my old flight plans from xp.
Any advise please!! Thanks Don.
freddy View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote freddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2014 at 12:33am
Do you still have access to the Traffic X software (the Traffic X folders) on the Windows XP machine?

If you do, then rename the newly installed Traffic X folder in Windows 7 to "Traffic X Backup" (or something similar) ... and then just copy the entire contents of the Traffic X folders on the XP machine (every folder, every file) and put them on to the Windows 7 machine. Make sure the folder structure and folder names etc are exactly the same and correct as per the "Traffic X Backup" folder that we renamed earlier in the process. After that, run Traffic X's Traffic Control Centre and do a COMPILE of the AI traffic file.

Hopefully, if everything goes to plan, you should now have your old flight plans from XP. If not, you still have the "Traffic X Backup" folder to revert back to if things don't work as expected.
don View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote don Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2014 at 11:27am
Hi Freddy, I uninstalled Traffic x but just kept the airports and flight plans lists!
What do I do now Freddy? I see my mistake  :(
freddy View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote freddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2014 at 9:17am
What do you mean when you say you just kept the airports and flight plans lists? Are you talking about folders (you have kept certain folders)? Which folders?
don View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote don Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2014 at 1:06pm
Any new flight plans or airports bgl files with ADE I made, I saved a copy of them.
In the hope that when I installed Windows 7 I could just add them into traffic x.
Is it possible to put the flight plans directly into the Traffic x?
And the bgl files into Scenary folder?

freddy View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote freddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2014 at 11:45pm
Ah. So you only have the .BGL files? Yes, if you put those .BGL files in to the appropriate FSX folders, they will work and give you back your airports and flight plans from XP.
don View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote don Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2014 at 4:33pm
Ok, I'm in the process of putting all my flights back into fsx. Looking good so far!
I am still having a problem with airports I added or amended things in though.
I use ADE 1.55 and I can't see anything in fsx
What would be the root directary in Windows 7 x32 be, to put these bgl files.
As always Freddie you are really helpful thanksl.
freddy View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote freddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2014 at 11:34am
The Operating System shouldn't matter ... be that Windows XP or Windows 7 x32 or whatever ...

... FSX airports that have been edited using ADE are usually put in to the Flight Simulator Scenery folder:

"C:\...\Flight Simulator X\Addon Scenery\scenery"

=========================================

If they are Traffic X airports and you have EDITED OR UPDATED an airport file that was provided with Traffic X, then you would have got that file from the following folder:

"C:\...\Flight Simulator X\JustFlight\TrafficX\AirportFacilities\Scenery"

In that case you can EITHER rename the Traffic X original file as a BACKUP (before you do any editing or updating) and then copy your newly edited file back in to this SAME folder ... OR ... you can rename the original file as a BACKUP (before you do any editing or updating) and then copy your newly edited file in to the Flight Simulator Scenery folder "C:\...\Flight Simulator X\Addon Scenery\scenery". (Personally, I just make the backup copy of the original file and then put my edited Traffic X ADE airport back in to the SAME "C:\...\Flight Simulator X\JustFlight\TrafficX\AirportFacilities\Scenery" folder.)
don View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote don Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2014 at 4:19pm
Ok, I'm trying to get this.
The airports I modified were from stock fsx airports, I think.
I use ADE 1.55.
Are the stock airports from fsx or traffic?
I tried to modify one of my already modified airporst, saved it
compiled and opened fsx.
No airport.
Any ideas?

freddy View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote freddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2014 at 9:52pm
In ADE, if you are clicking FILE and then OPEN STOCK AIRPORT then you are opening airports from FSX.

If you then edit the airport, followed by SAVE AIRPORT and then COMPILE AIRPORT, the ADE program will ask you WHERE you want to save it (which folder do you want to put it in). If you choose to save it in to a folder such as C:\TEMP or the DESKTOP, and then run FSX, you will NOT see your airport changes in FSX (because your saved airport file is in C:\TEMP or the DESKTOP ... it is NOT in any of the folders where FSX will see it and load it).
don View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote don Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2015 at 3:01pm
Well Freddie, I can't think why the modified airports are not showing up in FSX.
Except for the airports I actually made, all is good with them.
This is the folder "C:\...\Flight Simulator X\Addon Scenery\scenery"
So what am I missing??
don View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote don Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2015 at 4:14pm
I fixed it!!
I had a look at the FSX settings and realised that the Add-on Scenary was low down the list.
With a little trial and error and the folders ending up in the no 1 position all my amended airports reappeared.
Thanks for your input.

freddy View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote freddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2015 at 1:08am
Ah, a simple solution in the end. Good stuff.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic