This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Air Hauler > Air Hauler 1 General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Running AH w/O FSX

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zigarten Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Running AH w/O FSX
    Posted: 21 Nov 2014 at 4:53am
If I'm away for a long time, can I run AH on a laptop with my backed up files so as to not go "idle" without loading FSX?

Thanks
Gord
Flyer10 View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Flyer10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2014 at 11:29am
Yes although the dev will have to confirm if its running the game, giving AI jobs or doing jobs yourself that prevents a loss of rep.
Zigarten View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zigarten Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2014 at 3:19pm
dev?
cbear View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote cbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2014 at 1:58am
as far as i know it will be ok. I can see no issues. it wouild be a good idea to go to the options and run and integrity check after transfering the files.

Happy flying
Bruce
Flyer10 View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flyer10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2014 at 12:02pm
Developer = Slopey.

I know you can set up the AI and make money but don't know if if that or flying yourself that prevents the rep drop.

However you can reverse that by unloading the AI cargo yourself but beware it doubles the penalty for late delivery so leave them alone
Slopey View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command
AirHauler Developer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slopey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2014 at 12:15pm
Originally posted by Zigarten Zigarten wrote:

If I'm away for a long time, can I run AH on a laptop with my backed up files so as to not go "idle" without loading FSX?

Yes - you can :)
AirHauler Developer
For AH2 queries - PLEASE USE THE EA Forums as the first port of call.
Flyer10 View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flyer10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2014 at 1:55pm
Can I ask another related question, I just started a new game and my autopilot broke, its going to be a 7-12 day gap until I can play again. Will that lower my rating? If so is just running the game once every couple of days enough to stop it?

I can't use the AI as I cannot employ them yet.
BobKay View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BobKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2014 at 4:06pm
If you can't employ AI yet then you won't suffer an idleness penalty; it kicks inn at 70%.

allardjd View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote allardjd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2014 at 3:11am
BobKay is correct.  The inactivity penalty has a hard-floor of 70% reputation.   It will only kick in if your rep is higher than that and cannot lower your rep below 70%.  

John Allard
Flyer10 View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flyer10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2014 at 12:25pm
That's great, does anyone know the time, penalty and if its repeated?

Is is it 1% every week you're away or a one off 5% after 4 weeks etc
BobKay View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BobKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2014 at 3:09pm
I believe the time period is a week, but I'd defer of course to Slopey or allardjd.  I had a company lose me two rep points in a single absence; I don't know what the parameters are for that.  And yes it's possible for it to happen multiple times.

This is the one thing I really, really REALLY do not like about AH.  If AH2 has the same misfeature it'll be a deal-breaker for me.

allardjd View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote allardjd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2014 at 7:32pm

Quote I don't know what the parameters are for that.  And yes it's possible for it to happen multiple times.

You lose 1% of reputation per WEEK of inactivity with a hard floor of 70%.  If your reputation is at or below 70% there is no reputation penalty for inactivity.
John Allard
Flyer10 View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flyer10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2014 at 11:11pm
Its not a problem for me, I've had more problems with the AI not dropping off the half the first drop, leading them to only deliver half of 8 deliveries overnight so I've lost between 5-10% in one go before.

Surely its not a lot to set up an AI job a week?
Also you can get rep back quickly if you unload AI cargo yourself,  I don't consider it cheating if you lose rep through a bug or a feature you hate.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic