This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > DC-8 Jetliner Series 10 through 70
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

FPS P3D 2.3

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gintoxin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: FPS P3D 2.3
    Posted: 25 Sep 2014 at 10:14am
Just got me the DC8 - 50 - 70. Well beside the numerous bugs I have a very poor fps rate in P3D 2.3. Anyone else experiencing this?

Usually I get a stable 35fps but with the DC8 I drop down to 12 FPS. Any ideas?
wain View Drop Down
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2014 at 3:48pm
sorry mate I cant even get P3D downloaded, had v2.2 and was getting really good fps however had some issues , big format needed and now struggling to download V2.3.

are you running ther same settings etc as v2.2? , I have heard other people say they get worse fps on v2.3, have you checked out the forum on Lockheed Martin?
gintoxin View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gintoxin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2014 at 4:06pm
I've checked there. I can confirm the bad fps when using external weather tools. Seems not to like multiple cloud layers.

But changing the aircraft from dc8 to majestic gives a framerate push of 10fps. And majestic is way more complex. I think the dc 8 is simply not compatible.

Stratocruizer View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stratocruizer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2014 at 11:38pm
Hey gintoxin

i'm using the bird in P3D v2.3 with no probs whatsoever.

Do you have applied the fix for the weather in stock p3d? there was an issue with multiple cloud renderings which severely affected FPS.
here is the topic http://www.prepar3d.com/forum-5/?mingleforumaction=viewtopic&t=7984

other than that try to switch the smoke effects off from the control panel (effects are a big resource hog in p3d) and switch over to the high performance model...i see no difference. :)

cheers
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic