This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > Traffic 360
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Airfiled locations

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RayM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Airfiled locations
    Posted: 11 Sep 2014 at 5:45pm
I am normally an TrafficX user but, having found some airfield position anomalies in my TrafficX, I was wondering if the same errors have been ported over to 360 - I believe a lot of the data has just been ported over without any changes.
I have found at least 2 airfields that are actually in the wrong hemisphere, namely UUBD and URKP, both Russian AF bases. Because they each contain a typing error in their Latitude and Longitude values, both airfields finish up in the North Atlantic!
If someone would care to check their installation by putting an aircraft at one or both in FSX, I would be interested to hear if the 360 locations have been corrected. If they are wrong you will be surrounded by sea!
A long time FSXA and Traffic X user
freddy View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote freddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2014 at 3:24am
I am also still a Traffic X user. Considering evidence seems to point toward Traffic 360 actually being Traffic X with merely some changed/updated AI scheduling and a modified user interface, yet still using the same AI models and liveries, I'd suggest that the (majority of) Traffic 360 AFCADs are also probably still the ones from Traffic X as well. So I'm betting on "surrounded by sea".
RayM View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RayM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2014 at 5:05pm
Hello Freddy - long time colleague in TrafficX.
Wish I could tell you why I was messing around with Russian Air Bases but I would probably "have to come and shoot you" . I doubt if many users will ever call at these airfields in the natural course of events but, sad that I am, I'm still working my way through the flight schedules correcting registrations, flight numbers and routes. I don't like finding airliners on the wrong side of the world, or A319's doing 6500nM sectors to airfields where there are only 10 radius parking spots. [Yes I really am that sad!] It is a pity also that TrafficX, and I bet Traffic 360 also, does not handle aircraft registrations properly. Finding 10 aircraft all flying around with the same registration is very unpleasant but at least I have found a way to overcome this.
freddy View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote freddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2014 at 12:19am
Ray,

Yep, I hear ya. I dislike those same things too. But, with perseverance and patience, they can all gradually be overcome. The amount of work that I have put in to Traffic X is phenomenal ... but the results have been certainly well worth it. Mistakes aside, I am happy that Traffic X does provide the tools for me to correct the issues, not to mention other programs such as ADE for airport editing, etc. I consider it to just be another part of the hobby. Actually, I find it fun to do all the editing and fixing. So even though I dislike the errors, I do enjoy getting in and working on the fixes. And, remember, a majority of Traffic X's files are text based so you can open them with Notepad (or your favourite other text editor such as, say, Notepad++) and do plenty of editing. Not to mention you can also open them in Excel. Doing it this way removes the restrictions that the Traffic X Control Centre places on you and allows you to use more powerful tools such as 'Find' and 'Search-and-Replace' etc. Hint: using external editors such as these is an easy and great way to correct aircraft registrations. But, of course, always take backups of files before you edit them using the external editors, in case something doesn't quite go to plan. And, the great thing is this, after you do the edits, you can still run and use Traffic X to see the results and to do the AI traffic compile.

Keep at it man ... its fun; and the results are both rewarding and worth it.

(Hmmm, actually, Ray, on an unrelated Traffic X matter, I have a question for you. I'll send you a Private Message.)

RayM View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RayM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2014 at 2:53pm
I agree with you - I probably spend more time correcting TrafficX files, modifying airfields and even aircraft CFG files than I do actual 'flying'. It is satisfying to get a reasonable amount of sensible AI traffic at any airfield that I visit. At the moment, I am doing a 'Pole-to-Pole' set of flights, modifying airfields and schedules as I go. After that, I will be re-doing a 'Round-the-World' trip that I failed to complete a few years ago because I didn't have a suitable plane that would fly some of the long sectors across the Pacific. I am hoping that an XP800 will help me in this matter.
Have you found a way to save a TrafficX TCC schedule file when using Excel so that there aren't loads of 'blank characters' that I have to edit out using 'Find & Replace' before TrafficX will open the file? I think that I have tried all of the different 'save as' options but haven't found one that saves a file that TrafficX will open directly. I love the way that Excel will produce sets of random numbers and/or letters to enable me to give all aircraft different registration and flight numbers.
On the other matter, sorry but I can't help with your requirements.
freddy View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote freddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2014 at 2:01am
Ray,

Hehe, that new question about saving Traffic X TCC schedule files is taking this thread off topic. I've started a new post in the Traffic X forum and responded there.

Here's the link: Traffic X forum - Saving files from Excel without blank characters.

And, understood on the other matter. No problem, no issue.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic